[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Diy soap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hello fellow /DIY/ers. I was thinking of making soap and selling it as a form of passive income, something like Etsy, or the occasional craft show. Does anyone have any experience in this or any tips and tricks, thanks in advance.

Pic not related
>>
>>1151205
Google has a plethora of technical guides. That should get you started.

From what I've read over the years on /diy/, it's fun and all, but you're neither gonna save any money compared to buying soap, nor is it a very profitable (or profitable at all) venture, considering the profit margins, time required, and effort of establishing yourself on the (very limited and saturated) market.

That's how I remember it at least, you might want to wait for someone actually in the business.
>>
>>1151208
Thanks anon, appreciate the input. Not to bother you, but you said you've been on DIY for a while now, have you seen any DIY activities that have come out as profitable?
>>
>>1151210
Carpentry, welding, and metal working

There is a reason those are the common jobs
>>
>>1151210
There's this one guy who kinda sorta modernizes old radios. IIRC he claims to make profit.

As a general rule, you need to be pretty good to make money. Plus you have to have marketing skills.
>>
>>1151214
I have marketing skills, that's not an issue for me. Do you know of any DIY things that would be profitable? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1151223
step 1. learn to grow gourmet edible mushrooms.
step 2. sell to local coop
step 3. ???
step 4. profit!
>>
I almost got excited because that looks like album art for a new Shahmen album.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.