[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me why this happened? Made soil block trays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5352.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5352.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
Can someone tell me why this happened?
Made soil block trays for plant starts.
Glued everything and only screwed the back part.
This is sitting in a germination chamber, not sure if it needed to cure more prior to exposing it to moisture and heat.
>>
File: IMG_5354.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5354.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>>
>>1151104
go to google and type in, how to make a box with wood, go
>>
>what is waterproof glue
>>
>>1151104
boards cup in the opposite direction of grain. You didn't screw it in the front so it cupped and side boards stayed attached so they follow the tangent of the rear.
>>
>>1151119
gorilla glue
>>
>>1151120
cooll thanks anon.
>>
>>1151104
>Glued everything and only screwed the back part
that is why
>>
>>1151141
Thanks as well anon.
>>
>>1151120
This. Just get a few tack nales and silicone the seems
>>
>>1151157
I did that with the larger boxes I made, hope that will help. Is silicone OK for plants?
>>
>>1151165
>Is silicone OK for plants?
better than wood.
>>
>>1151176
lol 10-4
>>
When did they stop promoting critical thinking in whatever 3rd world country you live in, OP?
>>
>>1151104
yeah, unless you wanted the wood to warp and rot for fertilizer and were going to plant the whole tray, then your problem is that you didn't line or seal the wood. a good coat or 5 of polyurethane would keep the damp of the soil from soaking into and warping the wood, or you can line it with any PE or HDPE plastic (is food safe, depending on additives). the black/clear contractor garbage bags would be fine, just line it along the bottom and tape the edges and put in dirt.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.