[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canadian geese are the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: niggerbirds.jpg (42KB, 468x399px) Image search: [Google]
niggerbirds.jpg
42KB, 468x399px
Is there ANYTHING that keeps Canadian geese away besides a gun?

Also are they federally protected? I can't find a definitive answer....Some say yes...Others say no.

I constantly have them on my property during the warmer months. I work nights so the constant squawking outside my window was driving me insane this morning trying to sleep. I briefly thought about just going outside and just shooting it but my neighbor's kids were outside so I decided against it. Instead I threw a piece of 2x4 at it and it walked across the street then came back.

How the fuck do I keep these things off my property? It's already driving me insane and It's only March, Once June rolls around there will be dozens shitting all over my driveway and cars and impeding traffic everywhere I fucking go
>>
>>1151094
where the fuck are you
>>
>>1151097
Michigan. The U.S
>>
>>1151098
learn to fucking google
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10370_12145_25065-59467--,00.html
>>
>>1151099
>Canada geese are highly prized game birds

Hue Hue Hue.

Only the gooks would think a fucking Canadian goose taste good
>>
>>1151094
>Is there ANYTHING that keeps Canadian geese away besides a gun?
see image

otherwise, make some dough balls and get a slingshot
>>
some kind of RC car or boat, but one that does not hit them, maybe it makes a noise, or acts aggressive or shoots water

>>1151101
hahaha
same people that are eating carp in lake ontario

>>1151143
This. train a dog properly. my friend made a business of his trained dogs cashing away canadian geese but not biting them

>>1151099
>Propane Cannons

based michigan
>>
>>1151143
>>1151154
The thing is I don't want a yapping dog that I have to pay to feed or keep chained up outside. Especially because of how cold it gets in Michigan winters and I don't believe dogs should be allowed inside. They are filthy and smell like shit a good part of the time

That's almost worst then the geese, Plus bigger shits to step in when I walk in my yard.

I just want something to scare the fuck out o them so they flee. Preferably something automated
>>
>>1151143
I have a blow gun with stun darts for dogs that dont belong in my yard that are agessive. Works good. Quiet as hell. And som glow so u can charge them first or spotlight your yard and ruse them.
>>
>>1151154
Potato cannon full of corn. Launch into neighbors yard u hate.
>>
>>1151158
U can buy a splrinkler that motion detected.
>>
>>1151158
>I believe dogs should be allowed inside
Well there's your problem.

Dogs will love you unconditionally as long as you love them back and provide for them. They won't care about what they're not getting as long as they're getting SOMETHING. If you have to let a dog inside, let it in a mudroom or porch.
>>
File: cats vs geese.png (826KB, 1322x2390px) Image search: [Google]
cats vs geese.png
826KB, 1322x2390px
>>1151158
Thought about becoming a crazy cat lady?
>>
>>1151182
Brilliant
>>
>>1151182
There used to be a post like this about two giant flocks of crows that went to war
>>
BB or pellet gun (i.e. air rifle)? silent and at least the BB gun probably wouldn't kill the geese but should scare them away if they are hit a few times.
>>
>>1151094
Canada Geese (not "Canadian Geese") are not federally protected and you can kill all you want, so long as the method of killing doesn't break your state's laws.
>>
File: f50IZJS[1].png (1019KB, 854x888px) Image search: [Google]
f50IZJS[1].png
1019KB, 854x888px
>>1151197
>World War Crow
>>
>>1151094
They are considered a pest in my town right now so it's legal to kill them :)
>>
>>1151154
>rc car or boat

Yeah they're really gonna be scared of that

https://youtu.be/ZMm6h4Nxrys
>>
>>1151101
Have you eaten one?
>>
Suit or armor and a mace. That way when they overpower you they won't kill you. You can just lay on the ground while they attack and eventually they'll get bored.
>>
>>1151094
Embrace the goose, anon.. there's no other way.
>>
You have a nice lawn. They like your lawn. Get rid of your lawn and they will leave.
>>
>>1151101
their livers taste AMAZING. everything else is shit, though.

>>1151143
even shitty yappers can take care of geese. yeah.
>>
>>1151094
Ive seen people hang dead predators off of branches to keep them from coming around. If you dont mind having dead animals in your tree.
>>
File: ss_22.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ss_22.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>1151094
Subsonic .22lr ammo is reasonably quiet, would sound like a loud tool, but not much more
>>
>>1151094
If they're coming up from the water, tall grass keeps them away. I've had success with rubber snakes, which apparently they're scared of, and an electric fence. If they're landing on your property, the only thing I know works is the snakes.
>>
Aren't geese considered an invasive species?
>>
>>1151094
can you try pissing on them and putting it on youtube?
>>
>>1151778
>Aren't geese considered an invasive species?
Protected under Federal Law. Probably due to some syrup and Molson trading deal like NAFTA...

However, PA does consider the NON-Migratory variety as invasive and can hunt them. OP: Contact your local DNR office and blast those flying shitbags
>>
>>1151366
Thanks for finding it.
Good shit
>>
>>1151480
Calibri's. They dont even use gun powder.
>>
>>1151779
Not him but working on it. Dubs descides how many are pissed on/at.
>>
>>1151094
Use landmines.
>>
File: scarecrowsprinkler.png (606KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
scarecrowsprinkler.png
606KB, 500x649px
>>1151094
>>
>>1151158
Fellow Michigander here.
I use a paintball gun. They don't come back for a while.
But
>dogs are filthy and smell like shit
What the hell dogs have you been around?
Just take basic fucking care of them and that's a non issue.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.