[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gardening question Recently had part of my garden re-turfed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: LawnsOne-Turfing-2-770x477.jpg (68KB, 770x477px) Image search: [Google]
LawnsOne-Turfing-2-770x477.jpg
68KB, 770x477px
Gardening question

Recently had part of my garden re-turfed. The new turf was laid directly on top of the soil at is a couple of cms higher than the rest of the lawn. There is a gap that runs alongside where the new turf was laid which I have seeded today as well as other patches around the garden.

When the new turf beds in properly and seed starts to take, will everything eventually level up naturally? How long does it take for new turf to fully bed in and thicken up? Also, when is it ok to mow again?

I'm not really pleased with the job the gardeners have done, especially with the turfing but they assured me that over the summer, the grass will repopulate everywhere. They had to dig out trees/bushes with a JCB and it was pissing with rain the whole time so the garden was like a mud bath when they had finished.
>>
>>1151067
post a fucking picture mike
>>
They should have leveled it down a bit, you will have that heigh difference no matter what. Keep the new turf moist until the roots set and dont mow it for about a month.
>>
>>1151067
Yeah it should settle fine
>>
>>1151067

i have to ask why you're posting in a DIY board, when all you did was pay some illegals to do the work you should have come here asking how to do.

>>>/adv/ is that way
>>
Contractors are lazy assholes sometimes, act accordingly.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.