[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm getting ants in my apartment. They are almost entirely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: ants-kitchen.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ants-kitchen.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
So I'm getting ants in my apartment. They are almost entirely on my counter tops.

I have sprayed Ortho Home Defense Max in all the perimeters of the home. For the countertops I put lemon oil fucking everywhere.

That was a week ago, and I'm still getting these little fuckers.

Any tips?
>>
For further clarification, I mean my kitchen countertops.

And I keep my apartment very clean.
>>
Borax will get rid of them, there's a few recipes around to do it.
Cleaning surfaces down with a bit of diluted white vinegar also makes it un-appealing for them as well as messing with their scent trails.
>>
borax sugar and water, ratios aren't super important
soak a folded paper towel in it and leave it near where you think they're coming in
let them go nuts for it, replace or rewet it occasionally
they take it back and share it with the others and the queen and it fucks with their digestion and the whole colony dies within 2 or 3 days
>>
>>1150496

THANKYOU
>>
>>1150477
Cinnamon worked best for me. I guess you never know what works best in your area. Just put it all over the perimeter of the room, then vacuumed up after about a week. Ants will flip their shit when they touch cinnamon.
>>
>>1150477
The best, and only sure-fire way to get rid of a persistent ant infestation; first of all, you need to get to know the ants on a first-name basis. This can be achieved by hanging around the places they go when they are not at work, maybe buying the odd drink here and there, laughing at their jokes, playing pool or what-not. After a while, they'll start to include you in their social group and sooner or later one of them will invite you back to the nest to meet the queen. Be sure to wear your best clothes on the first meeting and to be on your best behaviour, ant queens are notorious for making snap judgements about people. Even if she doesn't take to you straight away however, that's not the end of the story. Now you've been there once you'll have ant pheromones on your clothes. Visit again at every opportunity, and over time you will smell more and more like an ant to them. Eventually, you'll be able to get up close and personal with the queen. Wait for your opportunity, and when you find yourself in her chamber with no other ants around, ideally with her distracted by watching TV or something, strangle her with your ant-strangling cord. This is tougher than it sounds, so maybe you should practice first on some small beetles or similar. Once the queen is dead, the rest of the ants will be too sad to come to your apartment, and your problem is solved.
>>
>>1150477
those liquid traps work amazing!

I left a bag of potting soil outside in an attached exterior storage closet. whole thing became an ants nest, and they swarmed the house. poured a bottle of isopropyl in the bag, closed it up, and put some liquid traps out. within 2 days the traps were so full you couldnt see any free space. replaced them once after to be sure, but no more ants.
>>
>>1150496
This is also great for roaches, due to their cannibalistic nature. Once you poison a few of them with it they die off pretty quickly.
>>
>>1150477
Clean up all the food residues and they will leave.

>And I keep my apartment very clean.

No, you don't.
>>
>>1150517
>resorts to regicide to get rid of some ants
That's psychopathic behavior. You went through all that trouble, you're at the queen's layer alone and she's taken to you, just talk to her and explain the issue, either tell her to go to your neighbor's kitchen or something or come to an agreement where you provide them with sugar while they maintain the apartment, why resort to unconsciousness murder?
>>
>>1150477
I would recommend Terro liquid bait traps, the indoor and outdoor ones. The little black ants are attracted to moisture, so even if you keep things clean they may come into kitchens and bathrooms to find a drink.
>>
>>1150517
>>1150738
>not fucking the queen

What a waste. This is why you noobs will never acquire your dukedom.

kys with boric acid and sugar.
>>
File: Ants-Eating-Terro.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ants-Eating-Terro.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
I use Terro
Less than $5 for enough to last 2 summers.
Not really worth it to mix my own since Borax isn't something I keep on hand.
They figure it out after a couple days and try to bury it, but by then it's too late, MUAHAHA
>>
>>1150477
I had this problem. Do all the good stuff in this thread as well as leaving their corpses in their scent trails. They will get the hint.
>>
>>1150738
>>1150750
I can tell you have no experience with queen ants. If you get too close, she will drench you with her enormously powerful pheromones and before you know it she'll snip off your head and suck your genitals into her abdomen. She will then use your sperm gradually and your dead, headless corpse will be fathering human/ant hybrids for the next few years, almost certainly leading to the extinction of the human race.
>>
File: terroAntStationbox.jpg (451KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
terroAntStationbox.jpg
451KB, 1310x873px
>>1150752
>>1150743
3rd for this. Had horrible ant problem every spring since moved into my house a few years ago. I mean ants on food left on the counter for 5 mins. Did the borax mix shit but these are much easier, and they worked great. No ants anywhere and i have a 3 year old that still can't get food in his mouth well.
>>
You have to find where they are coming in and close it off. Ants will come in just to find water, or because they are just passing through.
>>
>>1150477
Get raid. Spray it all over. Dont listen to cucks or cover your shit u b fine.
>>
I recommend these small Amdro traps.
I live in california and I've had ants in every place I've moved to.
At my parent's house though, we never get them. Found out its because they used Amdro traps one time like 10 years ago.
>>
>>1150812
I'll vouch for this too. Killed the ants in my kitchen and chicken coop.
>>
>>1150477
Ants leave a trail scent, you need to find where they are coming from first of all. When one goes through a path and comes back more will do the same since its "safe". They are pretty good at climbing through water pipes. Make sure you pour any of the liquid solutions posted in there and you should be fine.
>>
>>1150478
>And I keep my apartment very clean.
No, No you don't. Ants just don't show up unless there's a food source for them to get to
>>
>>1150743
This, I just had an ant problem in my plant room. They were living in a plant pot. Every hour I would spray the scouts with Dollar General brand window cleaner. I threw cinnamon all over the place. Vinegar was sprayed on everything. They walked right over it. I mixed peroxide in water and poured it into the pots but they all just ran out of the pot and went right back in. Eventually I resorted to drowning the whole pot in soap water in my bathtub for 20 minutes. Looked like it worked..until they repopulated a week later. Then I filled a pan with water and placed the plant stand in it. Nowhere to go you demons! But now I realized they were even coming up through the floor where my well was installed. There wasn't even food in that room.
Eventually I broke down and just bought these terro traps. After 5 minutes there were hundreds of them surrounding one trap. That night there were about half remaining. The next morning they were gone. Been a couple of weeks and I have only seen 1 ant since then. But who would have prepared me for this, I actually miss our battle for control.
>>
>>1150906
They do when it rains and floods third tunnels out.

But then I just set the Roomba loose and crack open a
>>
>>1150908
put diatomaceous earth on top of the soil of your plant pots. the white dust kills insects while not being toxic to mammals.
>>
>>1150771
This. On a side note air fresheners like a generic frebreeze to kill them over Raid. Does a pretty decent job at spot kills , cheaper and less toxic.
>>
>>1150917
I'm in suspense...
>>
>>1150772
This is slander and completely false. You're thinking of termites. Ant queens are gentle majestic creatures and we-- they would never do such a thing.
>>
>>1150917
>and crack open a
a WHAT?
What, man, crack open A WHAT?!
>>
>Anthill art on Etsy for 80$
>Not making ant farms or ant farm replacement packs
>Not harvesting for maximum gains
>Not keeping ants for garden gains

Instead of wasting time and money on things you don't like; coexist and find a place to make profit.
>>
>>1150752
2nd this. Mutherfuckers...
>>
>>1150908
Kek.
>>
>>1150968
He cracks open a
>>
i had a bad ant problem once and just decided to call exterminator

he put pine dust everywhere and some kind of poison jelly. completely gone in a few days.
>>
>>1150477
a can of deodorant and a lighter bro
>>
Borax+surger+warter =super sryup ant nest killer.
It takes a few days but works better then anything else Ive ever seen.

DO NOT DISTURB THEM when they are collection it. just let them be.
>>
>>1150477

Update.

OP here.

I put out 6 of the borax based traps. I let them gorge themselves for 24 hours.

It's been almost 3 days and they appear to be completely gone now.
>>
>>1150679
idk man, my house is an absolute disaster and I don't get ants
>>
>>1151907
It's not enough to just kill the ants.
You must give them warts.
When they get turned down for a date for the nth time, they'll know they fucked with the wrong man.
>>
File: 1490219451170.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1490219451170.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>1151913
Throw alcohol on them and light it with fire
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.