[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me not to buy this Prusa i3 3D printer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170322-173746.jpg (376KB, 1427x1467px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170322-173746.jpg
376KB, 1427x1467px
Convince me not to buy this Prusa i3 3D printer
>>
File: 1487979522224.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1487979522224.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>1149322
it's a great entry level printer.
>>
>>1149322
there's no such thing as "just as a hobby" for 3d printing
you either go all in or you get bored after a month and sell your printer
if you're serious then spend more than $500 or you'll regret it
>>
>>114939
kek at that pic. like a kangaroo car
>>
>>1149342
You haven't been in the market since you shelled out alot of money for a printer I see. The prusa i3 is a great printer and even the clones work well assuming they have quality parts
Pull the triggah OP just know it's gona be like 16 hours of assembly and tuning to get it to print well.

Also a good slicing program makes all the difference as well i got the tevo tarantula prusa i3 clone for aboots 400 and craftware is the slicer I'm getting the best results with for free. Make sure there is a community around your printer also. The ability to get your questions awnsered is a must when starting out.
>>
>>1149346
What exactly is the community? I'm not too familiar with how these printers function. Like in the OP, would the community be surrounding the Prusa i3 kit, or around the JGAURORA model? Are all these models pretty much the same kit since it's open source?
>>
File: Do it..gif (1MB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
Do it..gif
1MB, 800x340px
>>1149322
>>
get the monoprice maker for a few bucks more you get a warranty. there is a large fb community for it too
>>
>>1149322
Please don't bump threads like these. Sage and encourage use of the catalog.
>>>/diy/catalog
>>
>>1149342
This is the exact opposite of whats happening in the 3d printing world
Go lurk in the general
>>
>>1149322
http://m.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_343643.html?currency=USD&vip=762289&gclid=CLPr9c765dICFY-LaQodjIIAJg

I just ordered this kit a couple hours ago
>>
>>1149461
Damn that there's a good deal. Oh well at least my shipping was free and it will be here tomorrow
>>
>>1149407
>>1149407
Don't be a huge Jew it costs you nothing to not click on threads you don't want to read. Arbitrary rules are what's killing america.
>>
>>1149354
Specifically the printer you buy not the printer type. Each has its own config and pitfalls.
>>
>>1149407
>buttmad anon who got his cargo container full of crab meat bumped off the catalog detected
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.