[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silver fish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: silverfish.jpg (17KB, 600x294px) Image search: [Google]
silverfish.jpg
17KB, 600x294px
What is the most effective way of getting rid of silverfish? They are concentrated by the hole in the bathroom ceiling that is getting sealed soon. What set of actions should I take?
Would love some advice thanks in advance.
>>
>>1149263
They love moisture. Try dehumidifiers or something
>>
>>1149272
thanks
Should I buy boric acid or Diatomaceous Earth and just put a bunch around the hole in the ceiling?
https://www.todayshomeowner.com/how-to-control-silverfish-in-your-home/
>>
>>1149263
Yesterday I started to shower and noticed a silverfish that was hiding under the tap washing towards the drain; I quickly closed the tap and took it gently out on a piece of paper, and let it dry hoping it would awaken and run away eventually, but 24 hours later it was still there, must have drowned. :(
>>
>>1149276
yes poor things are too fragile and harmless (unless you have a book collection, but mositure does more damage than they do anyway)
>>
>>1149316
For some reason people are afraid of them or disgusted of them, I have no reason why, they don't bite, don't transfer diseases, don't eat your food or steal your sex toys. Why kill them, anyway? They're not even disgusting looking like roaches, I find them kinda cute.
>>
>>1149263
>What is the most effective way of getting rid of silverfish?
I find lava works best. Otherwise just use your sword.
>>
I found one on the wrapper of my toilet paper. Tried to save it, but it fell off and died. Wasn't even a foot drop.
>>
>>1149263
>What is the most effective way of getting rid of silverfish?
Have you tried asking nicely?
>>
You will never get rid of them
>>
>>1149273
>Diatomaceous Earth
I had the start of a roach infestation in an old apartment. I used this stuff in corners, along walls where bugs like to crawl along.

Also be religous on cleaning up crumbles of food and puddles of water. Pour a smidgen of bleach in every drain between uses. With no water, no food, shit that slices them up scattered everyywhere they vanish in short order.

I got rid of roaches, sure it would work on silverfish. I absolutely fucking loathe roaches but I would give less than zero fucks about solverfish. Like the other anon said, they're clean and harmless.

Silverfish like stacks of wet newspaper and mildewed old books. So if you have shit like that get rid of it.

>>1149356
They have extremely flimsy, soft bodies. They're weird living fossils and not very evolved or something.
>>
>>1149263
move. they own your home now.
>>
If you have silverfish you have a moisture problem.

You get rid of them by getting rid of the moisture problem. Anything else like diatomacuous earth is a bandage on the problem.

Check every water fixture and ensure that there's no leaks or moisture.

Make sure that you're using your ventilation fan when you shower or bathe. And after you do shower, use a squeegee to wipe down the shower and tub so you're not leaving standing water. (Also helps keep your shower cleaner)

And during the interim after you've fixed all water sources, run a dehumidifier and keep under sink cabinets open to help dry them out.
>>
>>1149325
>steal your sex toys
Is there a story there anon?
>>
>>1149263
2nd for help. Broight home trucl load of old books.

Infested
>>
>>1149367
They are very evolved.
>>
>>1149263
I usually have those during winter months, they usually like to stay in the bathroom and I've never seen them around the kitchen, so I don't care about them.
>>
File: 1490211413398.jpg (39KB, 600x294px) Image search: [Google]
1490211413398.jpg
39KB, 600x294px
>>1149521
>I don't care about them
>>
Red cedar oil.
>>
>this thread
>"theyre dumb"
>"theyre not trying to harm you"
>"they just like water, they need a warm place to live"
This all also applies to thousand-leggers and I don't see you defending those things.
>>
>>1149561
But silverfish not only mean no harm, they're also literally harmless. Why kill them?
>>
>>1149563
So are house centipides.
So are most spiders.
>>
>>1149564
>so are most spiders
...yes, which is why I don't kill them. And also why I release most insects I find in my house out the windows or out in the yard. Are you completely irrational? If a child is annoying you do you also bash its head in with a rock or spray it with poison?
>>
>>1149566
Yes
>>
"won't someone think of the bugs!"

Jesus Christ you faggots
>>
>>1149535
Ignore all silverfish posters.jpg
>>
>>1149574
>he kills harmless, defenseless creatures out of spite or irrational fear
Yeah please stay away from children and animals you fucking psycho.
>>
Silverfish are cool as fuck, I had one that lived in my desk at work.; No clue how it got there but I would feed it crumbs from my lunch.
>>
>>1149316
What's so special about bookcases and silverfishes?
I also checked one of my boxes filled with clothes.
Most were on the surface and I killed em and I took the clothes out and there was a few of em on the corners of the box.
Why is that?
>>
I think they are fearful of jews.

On second thought that's gold fish.
>>
>>1149263
A good book burning will do wonders.
>>
>>1149584
>and I killed em
Why?
>>
File: silverfish.png (29KB, 1068x670px) Image search: [Google]
silverfish.png
29KB, 1068x670px
>>
Silverfish are bros, though.
>>
>>1149614
>>1149614
The average human swallows about 8 silverfish during his lifetime, commonly when asleep
>>
>>1149563
>they're also literally harmless

They can eat paper, carpet and other textiles and sometimes leather.

>>1149564
>So are most spiders.

Spiders eat insects. Spiders are our bros.
>>
>>1149603
>triggerd
>>
>>1149567
kek
>>
>>1149363
Made my day
>>
eww
>>
>>1149614
I didn't know what they were until this thread, I thought they were termites when I initially saw them but they looked harmless.
They're quite annoying whenever I cleaned
>>
Get yourself some Nitric Acid, aka Aqua Fortis. Don't worry too much about it being watered down or yellowed, that's expected and it'll still work with time.
Place the offending silverfish in a colander or set up a similar draining system.
Pour the solution on the silverfish, careful not to breath any resultant fumes. Catch the resultant liquid in a pan below, and wait for the acid to dry.
Voila, cheap and relatively pure /diy/ silver in a pan, plus some detoxified fish in the colander for dinner. Can't do better than that pioneer.
>>
>>1150044
>/diy/ now dabbles in alchemy
what a time to be alive and on 4chan.
any gold recipes yet?
>>
File: a.jpg (111KB, 546x436px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
111KB, 546x436px
>>1150088
You just need different bugs.
>>
>>1150097
That's a fucking handsome bug.
>>
>>1150100
And yet someone might still find some stupid fucking reason to kill it needlessly and post on /diy/ asking for the best way to do so. When they could have instead harvested it for gold.
>>
>>1149325
it's just the scary antennae
>>
>>1150097
Reevers are the fucking worst. I hate trying to micro drops while still reloading on scarabs.
>>
File: jade.jpg (29KB, 380x446px) Image search: [Google]
jade.jpg
29KB, 380x446px
>>1150097
How much copper approx' from 1 of these? Or is copper produced by blue ones?
>>
>>1150252
Rule of thumb is 100g bug = 0.5g metal, but it varies based on carapace density and purity of Aqua Fortis, as well as the type of metal (more basic metals will be more viable). Some studies suggest that captivity-raised bugs yield less than naturally-gathered ones, but I haven't personally noticed any changes in my experiments.
>>
>>1150097

Looks expensive
>>
>>1149263
piss on them
>>
>>1149566
Yes
>>
>>1149263
What is happening in this thread
>>
My cat catches them, its annoying having it freaking out after one at 5am but otherwise they are totally harmless and do not affect my life whatsoever.
>>
release a lot of centipedes into the house. they destroy the silverfish population exponentially
>>
>>1149325
i have a collection of modern and rare books spanning 4 bookcases kept in a climate controlled room. i wish not for silverfish but i know they dont harm anything but books.
>>
>>1149263
what size are those things?
>>
File: croco.jpg (38KB, 648x365px) Image search: [Google]
croco.jpg
38KB, 648x365px
>>1149325
>steal your sex toys
im done . my sides are off
>but btw i also have a small problem with those buggers
should i silicon all holes that i can find ?
i also put a silverfish trap , but it seems not to work
>>
File: pepep.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pepep.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>1153265
>silverfish trap
nvm . just took a quick peek on it and it seems it catched 3 of em
>>
>>1153268
Why kill them thou.
they done nothin wrong.
>>
Just burn your house down and collect ibsurance. Dun
>>
>>1149746
WTF
>>
>>1153325
That was originally 8 spiders.
The spider version is bullshit too.
>>
File: the hell.gif (992KB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
the hell.gif
992KB, 240x135px
>>1153269
>wanna know a secret ?
IM A SICK FUCK
>but honestly i hate bugs
>>
>>1153329
8 spiders per night yes not per life
>>
>>1153447
8 spiders per second yes not per night
>>
>>1149272
Why's his house moist? This should be fixed. He's only treating the symptom not the cause by doing that
>>
>>1153485
8 spiders per year no yes per lifetime
>>
>>1153485
>8 spiders per second
Unless the air is filled with invisible, microscopic spiders and I'm breathing them in by the dozens, this probably isn't the truth.
>>
>>1153640
>he doesn't know about aeroxpiders
Sleep tight, Anon.
>>
>>1151462
So they will steadily decrease their population, but never actually kill them all?
>>
>>1153504
You know thats just a myth, right?
>>
>>1154000
If you eat dried fruit for example, the law permits up to a certain amount of insect legs and the like per kilogram, I suppose over the course of a lifetime you can consume several whole spiders this way. Spiders aren't insects but for legal purposes they're close enough.
>>
>>1151547
Last I saw was like 2 feet long.
>>
Spray them with ferrous chloride, they'll corrode to deah
>>
>>1149574
this made me think of the wait wait dont tell me show that was on today. apparently there was a report that said if all the spiders in the world conspired to eat all the humans, it would amount to only a light meal per spider.

i wonder if they had the internet would they would do this.
>>
>>1154696
>i wonder if they had the internet
You mean, the spiders?
Jumping spiders would probably be smart enough to use social media, if my sister's any indication.
>>
>>1149263
Diamond sword with Bane of Arthropods IV
>>
>>1154941
get out faggot
>>
I killed them with raid spray

motherfuckers were hiding under the shower that wasn't sealed properly

FUCKING DISGUSTANG I tell ya.
>>
>>1149352
BUMP
>>
>>1149561
>googled thousand legger
>shuttered
>mfw thousand legger isnt a nickname, and is an actual identifying name
>>
>>1155191
But it's soo cute!
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.