[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STUPID QUESTION(s):

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: suchGore.jpg (26KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
suchGore.jpg
26KB, 640x441px
What problems will I run into if I put a 64-bit processor into a[n], originally, 32-bit computer?
>I have 2 laptops, same model, but one is a 32-bit processor and the other is a 64-bit, while the monitor & keyboard are broken on the 64-bit laptop and the 32-bit processor is shot; can I just remove the 32-bit processor & put the 64-bit processor into the that computer? The monitor is only 32-bit; will it be ruined? Will everything else be fine or won't it be compatible?
>>
>>1149196
First problem is you will find laptop cpus are not removable or replaceable.
>>
>>1149201
Depends. There are bga procs and pga procs in laptops. The cheap ones are usually bga and not easily replaceable.

>>1149196
Chances are it won't be a problem. What's the laptop brand and model number?
>>
>>1149201
huh? it's one screw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmehOINmxUE
>>
>>1149202
both are Latitude E5500
>one is 2.26ghz and other is 2.53ghz
>i spent 2 hours trying to figure this out reading specs and data sheets, but i can't find anything on compatibility that addresses this
>>
the real thing i am confused about is whether i can install a 64-bit OS. i forgot to put that in OP.
>>
>>1149206
Yes, those are replaceable. Any core2 with the same tdp and socket will work.
>>
>>1149206
Here:
https://ark.intel.com/products/40380/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-P8800-3M-Cache-2_66-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB
>>
>>1149208
64 bit os will only work on 64 bit proc. 32 bit will work on either.
>>
>>1149211
than you
i read this, but mine are the 8400 and 8700 and i read those, too. where would it tell me whether theyre compatible(for future reference)?

is that the only obstacle to whether i can install 64bit OS on my laptop? the CPU(processor)? is there not other hardware, like graphics board that is "bit sensitive"? do i have to switch them out, too? i ran diagnostics on the computers and everything is good except the keyboard and monitor. it says i have to switch out a little green board under the screen and itll work so i may but that and install it some time in the future
>>
it says p8400 is 64bit, but it isnt. i installed gpu-z and speccy and they both said it was 32
>>
>>1149208
The processor will probably not even fit in the socket, x64 is a completely different architecture to x86, even if they do have similar instruction sets. The 32 bit motherboard is not designed for a 64bit word. Buy a new computer anon
>>
>>1149284
Lost
>>
>>1149219
You're running a 32-bit os.
>>
>>1149201
what models are they, what does the manufacturers page say is the bios compatible? etc. your question is to vage
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Where can I get industrial wire baskets like this? I'm tired of all the flimsy shit made for pantries and this would fit the bill
>>
>>1149319
You might want to hit up a specialty place that supplies merchants and stores. Like uline or the like.

https://www.uline.ca/BL_730/Wire-Shelving-Hanging-Utility-Basket?keywords=wire
>>
>>1149336
Also, google industrial wire basket.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.