[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AvE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: photo.jpg (53KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
53KB, 900x900px
Is he our guy? I wouldn't be surprised if he sbitposted here.
>>
>>1148963
New video alerts are what keep me going through the work day, knowing I'll get to come home to a cool project video or a vivisection of some hapless tool.

Seriously though it is genuinely pleasant to listen to a personable trade share their knowledge while also being one who has the humility to say when he doesn't know something (and request the viewers provide their own insight in order to learn more). The discourse is the comments is often fantastic and the channel as a whole is a fantastic example of skill in practice and refusing to stagnate. Of course I'm a little inebriated and maybe talking out of the bottom of my bottle, but I like the guy.

The lingo is choice too. It reminds me of something between Red Green, old old TLC/etc educational channel shows, and maybe Mike Rowe but way more unfiltered. It'd be way less entertaining if he were picked up by some network and watered down/cleaned up. Everybody has a price no matter how proud they are but he's nearing 1 million subs and hasn't sold out yet. I'm gonna continue to enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>1148963
I like him, if not for the teardowns and engineering then for the slang.
>>
>>1148971
>he's nearing 1 million subs
I like him as much as the next guy but anon he doesn't even reached 500k yet.

But I have been completely addicted to his videos lately, old stuff too is great.

He also makes me realize how much of knowledge I lack.
>>
>>1148980
Does anyone here remember a little rant he wont on about economies of scale, and how a small company can sometimes under very specific conditions undercut a more established one? I think It might have been in one if his tool reviews.
>>
we have no our guy youre on the wrong board

that being said i do watch his videos
>>
>>1148980
Coulda swore he was floating around 3/4, just as likely I'm thinking of another channel though.

>>1148981
I wanna say he brought that point back up recently with that CNC dealy he was trying to adapt to the plasma cutter before he started fabricating his own. The full(er) shpiel was in an earlier video though but I can't recall which. Not sure I'd it had to do worth some arduino doodad or what now. Pretty sure it was some niche electronic gizmo though.
>>
I like him for the banter and the tool review deconstruction. Even if you don't agree with his assessment of a given tool, there is value in seeing him open up the guts of it and see what the story is. Much needed, too, as most tool reviews are absolute paid sponsorship ads for the things of no practical value. "Feels good in the hand reviews," as he calls them. I mostly just want to know, does this contraption have one or more critical design flaws that will cause it to burn the fuck out half way through my work day and cost me money and time and also more money.

>>1148981

He was talking about microchips, I think? How very small chinese companies can make a chip for a specific niche purpose and make good profit. Something like that.
>>
>>1148993
>How very small chinese companies can make a chip for a specific niche purpose and make good profit
Nah, far from that. It wasnt the usual rip on "chinesium" grade parts/materials. The gist of it was just what a wonderful age we're in where any Joe Nobody can have idea that maybe fulls some void in the market, share it with the masses, and crowd fund themselves into business. Or even just open source it for the masses to do with as they please. He was basically expressing amazement at how the little guy can be successful where the big guys can't via YouTube and other social media. Sharing ideas is both free-ish and easier than it has ever been before.
>>
NEW RULER
>>
>>1149007
PECKER
DETECTER
>>
>>1149005
i know exactly what you're talking about, it exists but I'll never find the video
>>
>>1148971
>>1148977

It's weird, but well over 90% of his lingo I grew up hearing in rural KY. He just does it with a northern/Canadian accent instead of a redneck drawl.
>>
Nope, Jimmy Diresta is our man. Am I right or what guys?
>>
holy shit guys, i thought i am the only one on /diy/ who watches him because he is never mentioned, until recently

i think he mentioned sometime that he is just doing it for himself and for his audience so it would never make sense to get him filtered to go on a tv show, or filter for his younger audience, i think he specifically talked about this a while ago, in some video that has cows in it i think
>>
>>1149064
nope, jimmy is univerally hated because he is a obnoxious normie who is an "artist" but not really a craftsman like many other proper diy channels
>>
>>1149064
I like him, but he is a little too instagram-y and arty for /diy/. His projects are usually pretty cool, but not as hardcore as the /diy/ crowd might like, and he doesn't show the insides of tools we might buy.

This Old Tony is also around about AvE tier and does both metalwork and woodwork, but I think AvE's teardowns are the real deal sealer. I'd probably agree that AvE is our guy for metalwork, but for stuff like 3d printing, woodwork, trades, boat-building, etc. he isn't anyone. /diy/ is such a wide field that nobody's going to be king of all the mountains.
>>
>>1149040
Sounds like it might have been in one of his videos on gauge blocks?
>>
that new ruler is sold out already?
fuck

are there any similar youtubers?
I find his explanations for stuff much easier to understand
>>
>>1149092
>falling for the jewler

gj
>>
>>1148963
Who?
>>
>>1149113
some reddit celebrity
>>
>>1149113
Blue ghost on microchip man.
>>
>Ruler doesn't sit flat because of the LED
>>
>>1149089
For whatever reason I was thinking about it being in either a ryobi/HarbourFreight teardown. I wish I could find it again.
>>
File: 1449979236392.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1449979236392.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1149166
They're gimmicky things. Most of us already carry a flashlight, and a caliper/measuring tool is never farther than arms reach. But hey, it helps his channel so that he can continue to take apart both gimmicky consumer expensive shit and interesting industrial stuff.
>>
>>1149066
He gets mentioned ad nauseam. There's mixed opinions on him as well.
>>
He posted that vintage whack and pecker drill here.
>>
>>1149388
archive link?
>>
>>1149183
pretty sure its the multimeter vid
>>
>>1149066
I remember a thread where someone posted a picture of a lathe, later someone replied that he recognized the lathe, it being AvE's
Maybe i took a screenshot somewhere
>>
>>1149166

his ruler is the most retarded god damn thing on this planet
>>
>>1149166
>he soldered the led on
ya dumb idiot!
shoulda left it off.
doesn't really get in the way of its only function which is showing your friends the bit about cunt hairs.
>>
>>1150368
>its only function which is showing your friends the bit about cunt hairs
You forgot about showing them the pecker detector.
>>
File: ave.png (30KB, 596x344px) Image search: [Google]
ave.png
30KB, 596x344px
He commented on a UgandaPizzaPolice(GodBlessAdolfHitler) video but then deleted his comment I guess. He's more likely a /pol/ack
>>
>>1150391

Funny how I keep running into the same people on jewtube
>>
>>1149064
No way. He has some good build but that spray painted logo on EVERY FUCKING THING IN HIS SHOP is getting on my nerve
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.