[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brick Pathway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 133.jpg (42KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
42KB, 450x300px
I want to know how to make a simple brick pathway into my shed. How would I go about doing this and what materials would I need?
>>
>>1148702
You'll need bricks
>>
>>1148704
I have around 2 on hand, will I need more?
>>
>>1148705
Yeah probably, there's over 50 in your attached picture.
>>
ground tamper
rake
leveler
brick
>>
>>1148702
Brick is too expensive, what you really need to do is just paint the dirt.
>>
>>1148702
I'm a union bricklayer. Trust me, this is not the kind of project you'll be able to "DIY."

You don't even know what tools you need, and to get it done right will probably only cost you around $250 per sqft, plus supplies.

For that little money, is it really worth gambling your family's safety?
>>
>>1148713

No, he needs to shame the dirt for being that color, force it to check it's privilege and become the color you want it to be.
>>
>>1148714

Shilling that job security aye?
>>
>>1148748
Hey fucko, who's the expert here? How dare you question me! I have boat payments to make and my twin girls are going to be doctors. So just call and set an appointment and let the grown ups do their jobs, Capiche?
>>
>>1148702
can sumbdy answer this man fucking properly already, you fucking wingnuts?
>relevant to my interests
I can get/got (free) bricks, but, a driveway that sinks - do not want to tar the entire thing - if I did two stripes of brick, howto stop sinkage? Or not good idea, for car?
>>
>>1148702
I'm currently building a patio and walkway out of limestone and brick papers. Honestly it depends on your skill set. If you are not a capable person then you should listen to>>1148714, because you will spend a lot of time and effort and still not have the job done right.
The basic process is dig down several inches, establish a base, lay the pavers then lock them in with more sand. This is an overly simplified version and if you are still struggling to understand than I highly suggest you hire a professional, or at least use Google because I know for a fact that any info you need is already out there.
>>
>>1148702
Go the simple route and use flagstone. Sand is cheap, as is a pallet of flagstone.
>>
gravel

you need to dig out the path and then lay a bed of gravel. which you will then tamper flat, smooth, and level. Then you can lay your pavers down.
>>
File: 1208161236a-1.jpg (2MB, 3812x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1208161236a-1.jpg
2MB, 3812x1312px
>>1148702

We laid brick and put quickcrete in the seams outlined with 2 and a quarter board. Looks good...
>>
Depending on the way you use it (for cars or just walking) you may need to dig up to 40cm. Then rock pebbles > sand > we'll ground stone chippings. It is especially important if you live somewhere with cold winters. It prevents ice moving them. Also. After every layer use vibro-pad to leave no gaps. Do this even after you laid your bricks, but not directly - on some board so you wouldn't crack them. Also, note, that bricks probably won't last many years. After the job is done, spread some stone chippings and by using a brush/mop try getting as much of them as possible into the gaps. Sorry for my English, it's fairly rusty.
>>
>>1149999
Nice work, also checked.
>>
>>1148714
>I'm in a union
>You should only let the union do that

Alright goy
>>
Dig down to your compacted soil.
Lay down a layer of packed #57 crushed limestone
Then lay a fine layer of #9 crushed limestone.
Place your bricks or stone in your desired pattern.
Place in your banding.
Secure your pavers with edging and spikes.
Use sand or polysand to grout the pavers.
>>
>>1148714
lol simple brick path way is not diy now? heres what you need; bricks, sand, crushed gravel, tamper (rent from hd), level, shovels, wheelbarrel, and a few friends for the weekend
>>
>>1148702
Bricks, rock screenings, whackerpacker.

Dig flat and even path or just build on dirt. Lay bricks, find a rock quarry and buy pickup load of screenings. Its cheap ass rock dust pretty much that packs good. Throw on it and rent whackerpacker. Replace broken bricks. Have fun
>>
>>1148739
Lost
>>
>>1148758
Post boat faggot. What it is?
>>
>>1149999
Stealing this idea
>>
>>1150730
+beer
>>
>>1150148
>>1150730
>>1150996
None of you have seen that electrician post the same thing whenever an electrical thread shows up?
>>
>>1150844
pretty much this
>>
>>1148714
>union bricklayer
> $250/sqft
Now thats shitposting
>>
>>1150996
It's a troll, boi. A troll.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.