[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mold!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

So I've lurked here for a while, seen ya'll like mold, I have some mold in my garage, caused by moisture leaking through the roof (I'm not stupid, I'm working to fix that) but here (Pic Related) tell me some shit about this mold!
>>
>>1148682
looks like you need to replace the ceiling because the shit plywood would be rotten completely inside, when you tear it apart, the top layer will be 2000 times worse than you can see here, it will be a pool of black death waiting above it, so wear biohazard suits if you have any
>>
>>1148684
Just regular respirators with filters and etc with gloves, coats, goggles, etc. would work right?
>>
>>1148723
I'm an owner of an environmental remediation company. Trust me, this is not the kind of project you'll be able to "DIY."

You don't even know what tools you need, and to get it done right will probably only cost you around $250 per sqft, plus disposal fees.

For that little money, is it really worth gambling your family's safety?
>>
>>1148740
Is it really that bad? I kind of just looked at it as replace the drywall, and the roof tiles above it.
>>
>>1148749
Hey fucko, who's the expert here? How dare you question me! I have boat payments to make and my twin girls are going to be doctors. So just call and set an appointment and let the grown ups do their jobs, Capiche?
>>
>>1148755
How much would a proper professional be man? Like couple grand?
>>
>>1148723
Had a similar situation. Pulled it down with an improvised billhook. That was a bad idea.
Not even shilling. Call someone.
>>
>>1148783
What if I either unscrewed the drywall, or drywall sawed it out with a jigsaw, got ladders that i can get around 3 people up there. Would that work?
>>
you need a grinder to cut it out
try not to cut your arms or legs though
>>
>>1148794
Alright sounds simple enough
>>
>>1148682
Do you have an attic?
Take pics of the leak from the attic
Hold your breath
>>
>>1148804
There's no accessible way to get there without cutting a hole as of right now, so no, no attic.
>>
>>1148809
if it is an old house expect asbestos above drywall
>>
>>1148810
Its not old really, late 70s early 80s maybe
>>
>>1148809
Ok.
Your shit's fucked.
I would remove the shingles and damaged sheeting, and drop the drywall ceiling from the roof. Inspect, repair or replace all rafters and other structure that got wet. Replace sheeting, flashing, weatherproofing, and shingles.
Obviously it's in a garage. If you can access the water damage through the roof you can kick it down, and have an easy cleanup. Wear respirators and all that shit.
>>
>>1148740

disposal fees? its MOLD not ASBESTOS, you dumbass. you can throw mold into the trash.

you remediation people are all alike. you try to scam homeowners who dont know any better.
>>
>>1148776

dont listen to that fucktard, MOLD doesnt require HAZMAT disposal teams, just wear a gas mask that has the appropriate filter cartridge for mold, rip that shit down and toss it in the trash.
>>
>>1148829
nothing happens even if you don't wear a mask
I coughed up blood only for 3 days
>>
>>1148818
Alright man, sounds easy enough.

>>1148829
That was my plan anyway, probably just throw it in the truck and take it to the dump.

>>1148842
Yeah good advice, pfft I'll just pull a T-Shirt over my face!
>>
>>1148864
some advice from dealing with mold before,

get some fungicide. seal off infected area. spray area with fungicide before handling infected areas, this will keep spores down. and also look this shit up, dont trust internet strangers. This stuff can be extremely bad for you and your family depending on the type of mold.
>>
>>1148740
>I'm an owner of an environmental remediation company.

*record scratch*
Your opinion was immediately thrown into the trash
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.