[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there /diy/ I'm having quite the issue and I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: FH06FEB_BATHSP_05.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FH06FEB_BATHSP_05.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
Hey there /diy/ I'm having quite the issue and I was wondering If y'all could help, my tub spout leaks quite a bit when i pull up on the diverter and the shower head hardly pushes any water out, any advice?
>>
>>1148227
new spout is the easiest considering they're less than 20 dollars, so don't waste an hour trying to figure out what size o-ring would work
>>
>>1148229
Any particular spouts you would recommend? The spout I currently have is a slip-fit secured buy an alan type set screw.....
>>
>>1148232
just get another slip on one with whatever style you like.
>>
If the shower head is partially blocked the water that can't get out through the shower head will find it's way around the diverter slide.
If the diverter slide doesn't block the water enough, the water won't be forced to go up to the shower head.
It could be either
Check the shower head too.

>>1148232
>The spout I currently have is a slip-fit secured buy an alan type set screw.....
Unless you are adept at plumbing put the same type back on.
Other types screw on to a 1/2" or 3.4" NPT fitting. You'd have to sweat a fitting on the pipe sticking out.
It also would have to be at the proper distance from the tub wall in order to touch the wall just as it tightens the threads.
Use the same type.
>>
>>1148227
New universal spout. The o ring is shot. Also, after removing that one, check the copper pipe for any deep scratches, hopefully theres no damage and the new ring should help. Did you by any chance try to "screw" the whole spout clockwise to try and tighten it? This might have created said scratch.
>>
>>1148227
Plug that piece of shit off or use gate valves. I have bad luck with them too op. Feelsbatman
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.