[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

boxing out pex pipe: I have these two water lines exposed in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: room1.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
room1.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
boxing out pex pipe: I have these two water lines exposed in this room (it was build as an addition and whoever did it just ran the lines exposed) Its on drywall, any suggestions? Can i just find the studs and attach nailers and do some paneling?
>>
>>1148102
If you have the slack put them to the ceiling and box them there. Secure the pipes to the wall so they're not just sitting on the bottom of the box. I'd probably not box it but 45 a 1x4 (cheap) or crown molding all around the room. Never will know it is there.
>>
>>1148107
thanks cuz, and if i dont have the slack? should i box it out with paneling or drywall?
>>
>>1148107
wow what a moron, do you not see the pipe inserts like a foot below the ceiling where it runs into his shit wood wall.
>>
>>1148108
With either you're building a frame from 1x1 material and paneling/drywalling it. I'd pick paneling just so i wouldn't have to finish it.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 480x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 480x310px
>>1148102
Styrofoam beam...
>>
>>1148118
yeah sanding would suck, have to sleep in this room so. What do you think of the dark colors my man cave?
>>
>>1148131
where you get this? do i need to install a nailer(s)?
>>
>>1148133
Home centers... Use liquid nails (construction adhesive (ask the guy in the orange vest which one works best).
>>
>>1148131
>Styrofoam beam
Normally that stuff is a special order thus spensive. Maybe OP will get lucky and they'll have it in stock at his BB. I see no problem with nailing a couple 1x1's above and below the pipes and nailing some paneling over that. 1x's will bump you out enough for 1/2 pex.
>>
>>1148136
are you a shill?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.