[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D printer filament tangling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: filamenttangle.jpg (1MB, 1763x3134px) Image search: [Google]
filamenttangle.jpg
1MB, 1763x3134px
Why does this keep happening to my filament? It's almost like the company extruded it incorrectly and they rolled it onto the spool two different directions or something, I have no idea.
It just randomly tangles like this.

I don't have a spool holder built yet. I just built my printer like a week ago and it's all cheap ass chinese knockoff parts lol

It's just weird how filament randomly decides to twist the complete opposite direction yet by conventional logic you would think that is impossible. They roll it onto the spool all at once so the plastic should warp to the spool.
I've never had this issue before with my other filament and I'm starting to question the physical possibility as to how this company managed to extrude and roll filament onto the spool in two different directions at once.
>>
>>1147769
>I don't have a spool holder built yet
Then the first thing you should print is a spool holder.
I just have my rolls hanging from my roof using fishing line, basically no resistance, so they spin freely.
>>
>>1147773
But that still doesn't change that what is occurring is basically impossible unless they physically melted the filament into this position.
I guess next time I'll think twice about paying $10 for 0.5kg of pla lol

Also my circuit board is a chinese knockoff but the connectors are all a japanese brand so to do wire extensions I need to wait 90 days for shipping.... Not sure what to do other than order generic single wire connectors and doing connections one by one rather than by stuff like a molex connector and whatnot.
I'm in kind of a clusterfuck of a situation and I'm trying to rig chinese knockoffs into something decent...

I want to move all my electronics to the top and my bowden extruder connection to the top of my printer. I bought the kit on aliexpress though so they chopped the wires and made them the exact distances with no room for play. But the funny thing is they gave me the wrong circuit board so it barely fits under the printer and I had to chop some wires anyway. If I showed an electrician my setup he'd probably be running to get a fire extinguisher lol
>>
>>1147781
First of all, https://u.nya.is/xwiqjp.mp4
>>
Secondly,
>>1147781
>knockoff but the connectors are all a Japanese brand so to do wire extensions
So the jap plugs can't connect to the chink plugs?
Such is life.
I teach DT at a school, so deal with a lot of kids with printers, so many of them with bad parts etc.
I decided to buy one myself, the cheapest I could, so I'd learn all the problems and be able to tell them how to fix them.
In the end, it was the best printer I've ever seen. Clear instructions, everything labeled properly, all parts fitted together perfectly, and it printed fine first go.
Basically, on aliexpress, you're gonna get some crazy mismatches. Just keep hacking at it till you get something good.
>>
>>1147791
Well I'll try and get a filament holder tomorrow, I think I have a chunk of 1.5-inch pvc which should work
Australians are so horrible
>>
>>1147861
>Australians are so horrible
Nah we just like to take the piss m8
>>
>>1147781
>But that still doesn't change that what is occurring is basically impossible unless they physically melted the filament into this position.
There's absolutely nothing in that kink that defies the laws of physics.

What most likely happened is that you pulled the line straight and when it re-wound into it's loose shape one of the loops turned right instead of left.

Remove the filament, re-wind it onto the spool. hang the spool from the ceilingand re-pull your line.
>>
There is no voodoo magic or cheap filament going on here your just too retarded to build/print a spool holder. I guarantee this issue will go away if you mount your spool instead of putting it on the floor where it cant freely roll
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.