[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banjo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-03-19-17-11-04.png (422KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-19-17-11-04.png
422KB, 1440x2560px
I'm looking to make a diy 6 string banjo. I have a standard guitar neck that I want to use, and I'm looking on either buying or making a body like pic related. Any suggestions? Anyone do anything like this.
>>
Banjo and guitar necks are completely different in construction.

Also 6 string banjos suck and are for losers.
>>
>>1147574
I do not want to learn an additional instrument, it took me forever to learn the guitar. I was going to tune like a guitar with the sound of a banjo. Basically I'm making a guitar.
>>
>>1147578
Suck it up baby.

It will have the timbre of a very shitty banjo and sound nothing like a banjo. The reason banjos sound the way they do is the way they're played and how the notes are laid out. If you play it like a guitar, it will sound like absolute dogshit. If you play it like a banjo, it's physically impossible.

Nevertheless, banjo and guitar necks are completely different in construction. So you'll need to get a proper banjo neck.

The rim looks fine for $37 if you're making an open-back. The included tone ring is shit though and is probably poorly fitted.
>>
>>1147578
Banjo player here, it's true what the others said. If you're going to make a banjo, make it a 5 string and play it right or you'll never get the banjo sound. Learning how to play 5 string banjo isn't hard, it just takes a lot of practice. Start off with learning three-finger picking and banjo rolls and practice them whenever you pick up your instrument, then start training your left hand for all the slides, hammer-ons, ect. If you're patient enough you'll be playing at a faster rate than you thought you ever could and you'll impress yourself. Banjo chords are easier than guitar chords too.
>>
>>1147561
Just make a cigar box guitar
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.