[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

go to your room anon, you're grounded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: electrics.png (808KB, 982x1265px) Image search: [Google]
electrics.png
808KB, 982x1265px
Going to make pic related (swapping the cord for a single outlet to supply power), but not exactly sure how the grounds should be connected.
>>
File: 1489941839919.png (993KB, 982x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1489941839919.png
993KB, 982x1265px
>>1147413
>>
>>1147413
do what above guy said

so left outlet will always be hot & right outlet will turn on/off with switch

black is load & red is neutral
>>
>>1147413
If that single outlet in your drawing actually has a red wire and a black wire you should measure the voltage between them with a voltmeter.
Red and black on the same outlet generally indicate 230v supply (120vac on each wire)
>>
File: nec color code.png (12KB, 580x195px) Image search: [Google]
nec color code.png
12KB, 580x195px
>>1147422
>>
>>1147415
>>1147420

so just merge the ground wires, that simple?

>>1147422
>>1147425

the red is meant as the neutral

can't draw a white wire on a white background
>>
>>1147427
They normally use a gray color on plans for that reason. moreyouknow.jpg
>>
>>1147413
>swapping the cord for a single outlet to supply power
Can you elaborate on this?
How does the outlet supply power without a cord?
>>
>>1147434
I did not know that, noted

I think I saw it before as blue on a ceiling fan...

>>1147437
extension cord gets plugged into single outlet, power is sent to double outlet when the switch is turned on

that should work in theory, yes?

I'd rather have the option of using a different length cord as needed
>>
>>1147446
I believe blue is neural in the EU. If you live state side i'd advise against using it since blue is the third hot color for three phase.
>>
File: 120vac plug.jpg (112KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
120vac plug.jpg
112KB, 800x1280px
>>1147446
>I think I saw it before as blue on a ceiling fan...
blue on a ceiling fan is the light fixture wire (also 120v line wire)

>>1147446
>extension cord gets plugged into single outlet,
>power is sent to double outlet
How does the power get into the extension cord?
You're going to have an extension cord with two plugs?
One for the wall end and one for the single outlet?
That's a Suicide Cord not an extension cord.

Replace the single outlet with either of pic related.
Use a normal extension cord or a computer cord.
>>
>>1147450
I wasn't going to use blue for anything, I was just commenting on the different colors

>>1147452
>You're going to have an extension cord with two plugs?
now I'm feeling really retarded for not realizing that sooner....oh dear....lack of sleep

thank you for pointing that out, I'll see what the store carries
>>
>>1147455
why does it need to be cordless?
if you don't want it tangling up, just make it like the lower half of original pic and make the cord really short.
One or two inches sticking out can't be that big of a problem.
You still can use a regular extension cord to make it the length you want.
>>
>>1147460
that's true

I plan on doing what another person did, making a wooden frame/case for the box so it looks better and a bit sturdier

after looking online it looks like the cheapest inlet is like $14, which is nuts....may as well just use the cord directly for that price
>>
>>1147427
yep it's that simple
& yea red would be secondary load so you'll want to use grey for neutral lines, green for ground/earth

and then black for load & red for secondary load (like in a 3way switch)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.