[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boat reno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (200KB, 525x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 525x357px
Interested in cutting the roof, windows and flybridge off my boat. I want to reconstruct it in a more streamline look. Anyone have experience in this?
>>
>>1147017
Some. Dont do it op. Fucking fiberglass sucks the bigest of horsecocks.

Just....

Assume u want another room on your house and then build it.

This is what i would compare it to.

That being said dont let your memes be dreams son.

Do wtf u wanna so but dont take it lightly.

Get on youtube and look up custom fiberglass shit.

Be careful of the hardner resin mixture.

Not trying to scare u but the shit can catch fire if u fuck around.

My stupid ass did it bare handed 1 time.

Research it bit i think acetone will get it off of stuff.

I have torn into 2 boats and given up.

It can be done, but do your homework bro
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1147034
Thanks for the reply, we are going to start it within the next 3 weeks and it should be complete before May. Pic attached is my restructured house with exterior load bearing walls only. Trusses, blind headers and flitch plates carry all loads to foundation. I think we can do this
>>
>>1147017
Take a very expensive boat, cut shit off. Value $0. Fucking retard. Hope you drown.
>>
>>1147088
No boat, no insight, no help, insults. Go patch drywall.
>>
Fiber glass is a bitch fuck material to do anything outside of the initial construct.

Though that said.

Once the hull was designed to be its own hull and the bridge slapped on top you won't have to worry about it cracking in half flying along at 40mph in sharp swells.

Consider water intrusion. These pleasure boats have designs that expect water to come over the bow in rough weather so their bow often tapers downward from the gunwale, that's one of the ways how you can tell a gulf boat from an Atlantic boat. Atlantica have peaky bows.

If you remove you windshield and slam a wave in a gulf/Florida boat you well may take on water faster than your bilge + 2 guys with bait buckets can remove it.

Once you assure the structure is sound and keep your lower windshield in place, cut that cunt out. Wear respiratory, skin and eye protection please.
>>
>>1147121
I hadn't initially thought about large breakers slamming into the windshield or cabin. As it sits now I'd think the glass and angle it's at would be the weak point if that happened. I feel like that's an all around bad idea to be out in swells like that and doing 40mph. We're going to do multiple layers of 6 ounce weave in multiple directions for strength and rigidity and am unsure if we will even incorporate a front windshield. This is a boat for ocean fishing
>>
Why you buffoon
>>
>>1147362
Because it's an older boat that could use an update, it's been meticulously maintained and starting price for what I like the looks and function of is about 150k. I can use the money saved toward something else, like a corvette
>>
Boatbuilding forums are a thing, and they have many professionals who can give very specific advice.

Post year, make and model of boat when asking in forums. Have clear, close detail pics ready.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-building/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.