[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RGB LED help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: led.jpg (99KB, 899x1599px) Image search: [Google]
led.jpg
99KB, 899x1599px
Hey /diy/,
I need some help on my RGB LEDs.
So I set up some LED's all over my room and bought some extension cables and all that - everything fine.
Just the problem is that on this little passage, the wires are completely mixed up and fuck all the colors up, I can only use red and green and all the LED's behind that passage are flickering the whole time.
What should I do so the wires don't get mixed up? How can I kind of split them up or put something inbetween?
>>
just resolder the wires onto the connector, or just skip the connector all together and just solder the wires on both sides together with some heat shrink.
>>
>>1146937
Impossible to solder this (at least for me), way too small
I need the connector for length reasons
>>
just cut off the connector and if the wires aren't long enough, then just get some wires to extend them, If you don't have any wires, just get some wires out of an unused ethernet cable
>>
>>1146947
Ethernet cable is 22awg, let's say it doesn't get hot and burn up, there would be significant voltage drop and noticeable different light levels between strips. I always oversize low voltage wiring and use multiple runs spliced together at transformer.
>>
>>1146932
That's a press connector, pull out wires, install them in correct positions and close door
>>
>>1146938
>way too small

those wires aren't small at all..
>>
>>1147058
ethernet is 23awg & 24awg not 22, that's huge.

Solder at lower temperature then? you won't get a voltage drop if your solder is nice and neat just cut the stupid box off, that's more of a voltage drop with that shitty aluminium (and it's still nothing)
>>
>>1146938

Then trim back the insulation, trim away any frayed wire, and resecure it in place.
>>
>>1146932
>ust the problem is that on this little passage, the wires are completely mixed up and fuck all the colors up,
buy a new little passage
>>
>>1147058
if you don't trust it, just use double wires
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.