[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick cleaning solution for whiteboard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (12KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12KB, 266x190px
Marks get dry after 4 days and by then it becomes a pain to clean it and this makes me just want to use my board less and less.

please do you know of any solution?
>>
3:1 water:vinegar in a spray bottle
>>
>>1145349
isopropyl alcohol? acetone? what ever is solvent for what you used as a marker
>>
>>1145349
drop of xylene on a rag
>>
carburetor cleaner works great
>>
>>1145349
Rubbing alcohol. It's cheap. Enjoy.
>>
Have you tried 60 grit sandpaper?
>>
Anyone know how to move what's left of permanent marker from glass fibre reinforced polypropylene (I think)?
>>
ITT:

rubbing alcohol and magic eraser will remove any marker marks
>>
>>1145349
gee thanks guys

I will try out several of these and go with the one that saves me most money.
>>
Alcohol. I use this. Could be wrong, but acetone and xylene might dissolved the dry erase coatings. Even if not, alcohol works and has been safe for every dry erase surface ive used it on. Even works on some perm markers.
>>
>>1145353

They're alcohol based.

The 91% you can find at basically every drug store or Wal-Mart equivalent is good.

Avoid the 70% stuff for cleaning purposes; the extra water content greatly diminishes the solvent power of the alcohol. I mean, it'd still probably be fine in this case, but just for future reference.
>>
>>1145349
when whiteboard marker has dried on a whiteboard, just run a marker over it again, and wipe it off... if the board looks like your pic, just go crazy with a large tip marker.. don't have to cover everything, but a good percentage... alternatively, try some household cleaner (spray and wipe or similar) to get the marker off of the board, then follow up with aerosol brakke cleaner if you need to use the board immediately, as the cleaner will leave a wet surface that is shite to write upon
>>
>>1146131
>rubbing alcohol and magic eraser will remove any marker marks

Do NOT use a magic eraser on a marker board. It will ruin the erasing ability of the board. Alcohol is the product to use. I would not recommend acetone or any other solvents.

>Be me
>have to replace every marker board in an elementary school because one of the temps over the summer cleaned them all with a magic eraser.

Protip: They're not actually magic, they just sand the surface.
>>
>>1145869
or brake clean
>>
>>1148520
This. I am an elementary school custodian and over the summer when we do our detail cleaning i just keep a dry erase marker in my back pocket and trace over whatever the teacher left, then wipe away with a microfiber towel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.