[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pothole General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: pothole.jpg (209KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
pothole.jpg
209KB, 1000x664px
what's the most cost effective method for patching a pothole in asphalt? I'd like to begin filling some in my neighborhood. I'm watching this video, and the process seems pretty straight forward:

https://youtu.be/z7s0qSyIyIw

Are there any products you'd recommend or advice you'd give? My biggest concern is the wet saw, I'm not really familiar with that. Also, will I get arrested?
>>
If it's on a government-owned road, yes, you can get into legal trouble for performing your own maintenance on it. I doubt you'd get arrested, but you would get a ridiculous fine.
>>
Graffiti on/around them at night. Call and complain to the city the next day. They'll get fixed quickly.
>>
>>1144945
Ha! I work at a university and I never see the grounds guy go to half that trouble to repair potholes on the campus roads. They just dump on fresh asphalt and call it good. Of course, the following year they come out and do the same fix on the same holes that have opened up again. Good solid government union work.
>>
>>1144945
50lb bag of concrete. Mix it up and dump that shit at night. Let it sit and you're good to go by morning. Or take measurements and build a concrete block that size at your house. At night just set it in the hole. Maybe add a little concrete at the bottom to cement it down. Throw some black shit in the mix so it will match the road, people will be less likely to call it in
>>
>>1144955
This. I had a dozen manhole sized potholes on my street. I drew dicks and swastikas around them with neon orange paint and they were fixed within two days.
>>
>>1144965
That just makes it harder to fix.
>>
>>1144965
>concrete
nah that is not how roads are done mate. you will make it worse doing that because then they have to dig in the road and remove your shit job and waste even more money and time.

its also illegal.
>>
>>1144959
its cheaper for 4 men to take half an hour filling a hole than it is to comission a major road works job. have you ever seen what is involved in properly repairing a road? traffic control, road scraper to remove the old road, lay in backfill, grade, fine grade, lay more backfill, lay asphalt, steam, paint, a bunch of other shit. it may seem like a bunch of tar and rocks lol why not fix it right? because its a huge job.
>>
>>1144945
Krylon a dick around it. Patched next day cinfirmed
>>
>>1144945
just fill it with dirt and rocks anon
>>
>>1144965
I live in the USVI, this is how road repairs are usually done, the government doesn't have money to repair roads so it's some dude at 4am patching pot holes with concrete.
>>
>>1145185
People did this in my alley growing up. The alley at my parents house has not been repaired in my 35 years and I remember it being total shit when I was a kid trying to bike on it.

The people will occasionally fill the big holes with gravel or dirt. Didn't last that long but since it was an alley where people went 10mph or slower and it had very little traffic, it worked well enough.
>>
>>1144978
Anon, you're my hero.
>>
>>1144951
He could also get sued if they have that work contracted out to someone.
>>
>>1144945
Fill the sucker with gravel at night, maybe government officials will get the message.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170316-151252.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170316-151252.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>
Laughed so hard, I had to look it up
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11570595/Meet-the-man-using-penises-to-fill-potholes.html
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32448103/mystery-artist-highlights-bury-potholes-with-penis-drawings
>>
>>1144978
kekekekekek, ima do that just for fun on the street now. fuck potholes
>>
>>1144945
My dad worked for the city street crew. The funny thing? Most potholes go unreported. Generally, they fixed potholes within 5 business days of them being reported. He didn't go looking for them, though. If the hole wasn't on a major street then it was up to the locals to report it. People just don't. A tree falls on the road? He knew within hours. Light not working correctly? Maybe a day or two. Pothole? He'd get calls from people saying it had been there for years and why haven't you fixed it already??? Well, is this the first time you've reported it? Yes. There you go.
>>
>>1144978
Wanksy! Is that you?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/2/8535259/penis-pothole-activism-wanksy-england
>>
>>1144945
I would suggest doing this at night, If It's on a public road you can get in trouble for that.

I have done it 2 or 3 times though, Just wait until It's dark and be quick. I just used that rubber driveway sealer and sand

If the police catch you they will probably arrest you because It will cost the city more to fix the spot with your patches then it will just a regular pot hole
>>
>>1146438
Haha, nah. I wish I was Internet famous.
>>
>>1144945
Cold patch the fucker the shit costs like 5 bucks a bag fill the bottom of the hole with gravel first
Important to mound it on top if if you are not going to compact it.
Easily compacted by putting a layer or 2 plywood on it and then driving over it with a car.
Cold patch works best when warm.
>>
>>1144951
i used my tractor to fill in some potholes on a unmaintained gravel road and got sent a warning. honestly don't see why they'd even give a fuck since i'm literally the only one that uses the road (i own all the land along it) and it gets pretty fucked up from the tractors and combines going down it to get to the fields
>>
>>1144978
>swastika
pretty sure you'd by lynched by SJWs for doing that these days
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.