[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clear Acryllic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

I have 100, 6 foot, 1inch hollow clear acryllic tubes just lying around like the one pictured. Anyone have any suggestions of what I should do with them?
>>
>>1144786
stuff LED strips in em, obv.
>>
>>1144787
I. have. 600. Feet. Good Idea but expensive as fuark
>>
How do you have that much material just laying around?

Set up a stop block on a saw and start making comically oversized pens en masse.
>>
File: IMG_20170308_160757_641.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170308_160757_641.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
Make a skateboard with them and one inch pvc tees and one inch 45° bows and 90° elbows along with plumbing epoxy/adhesive.
>>
>>1144790
I own a company that makes survey stakes for survey companies and other small projects. Siemens ordered them and cancelled the order and they're worth 10 - 20$ a tube so I ain't going to throw them out.
>>
Also why not try to make a dart gun with it. Or put padding and duct tape on em and have a tournament.
>>
>>1144794
I like the dart gun but then I still have 99 left lol
>>
>>1144793
Well...fair enough, good luck with your tube based endeavour OP.

Maybe build some sort of rack thing? I mean id just look for projects that need bars or dowels and go with that, maybe throw in some led strips like that other guy said for extra awesomeness.
>>
>>1144791
Please take a video of this.
I want to see you fucking eat it when it collapses
>>
Depending on how heavy they are, sounds like a good start for model rockets. Cram a D engine or something into the ass end and see what happens.
>>
>>1144803
This is the same idiot who posted this thread >>1144726
he has hit his head so many times that he can only think of skateboarding. sad waste of life and space.
>>
Sell em for half price
>>
>>1144786
Make a shit ton of fire pistons and put out an ad in Boys' Life, or some other outdoorsy magazine.
>>
>>1144786
Insert in anus

Or seriously, soak them in acetone. They have a reaction where they turn translucent blue, really sweet looking. The more you soak together in a container the more vivid the color is(i soaked a really small piece of acrlyic once, about dime size, and it only got slightly pink after 5 minutes). You can then probably use a heatgun and bend them to make a new sign for your business. Just make sure they're completely dry first, heat gun and flammables are generally a no no. And do it outside, you'll probably need 2 gallons. That shit isnt great to breathe and you dont want to pass out and fall on the ground in a room with no ventialtion and is full of an asphyxiant that is heavier than air.

But that would probably be a pretty cheap and fun project.
>>
>>1144796
Gatling dart gun
>then come back and show us its features
>>
You can make some nice looking lamps
>>
I think i saw a videeo of a guy doing supercritical fluid projects with some on youtube. You should give a few to him in exchange for a shoutout and do your own supercritical co2 and n2 tubes for internet points and exposure.
>>
>>1144786
flavored h2o chamber with led backlights. make an oxygen bar in your man cave.
>>
File: Passive_Solar_Hot_Water_3[1].jpg (191KB, 1596x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Passive_Solar_Hot_Water_3[1].jpg
191KB, 1596x1152px
passive solar water heater panels.
>>
>>1144786
Liquid cool a PC. Not sure if you can heat and form acrylic though
>>
>>1144786
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_ASJs6JBY
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_flue_pipe_scaling
>>
>>1144793
Maybe.... Sell them? Invest the money back in your company?

Or you could make some backyard diy-tier geodesic dome garbage. That's okay, too.
>>
>>1144821
OK according to you I'm an idiot. What would impress you my random ass stranger? would you call me capable if I did a skin cell culture diy style? I'm sure you have no projects of your own. Well diy I hope you give me internet cred when I do a diy approach to a skin cell culture. Also you might rifle the pipe if you do make a dart gun.
>>
>>1144786
construct a system of tubes and buckets that transport your urine to the toilet from your computer desk
>>
>>1144987
Not him, but you ARE an idiot. If I knew where you lived I'd make the trip to castrate you for the good of the gene pool. Or just beat you to death.
>>
>>1144938
Shh we don't need him coming back.
>>
>>1144868
Okay jorge
>>
File: large_marilyn2_800-1.jpg (1MB, 1356x1600px) Image search: [Google]
large_marilyn2_800-1.jpg
1MB, 1356x1600px
OP here, I found this yesterday while you guys were having pissing match. Already have the tubes and a spare raspberry Pi. I might try and build it. Although the galling dart gun is just as tempting...
>>
>>1144786
You could make a pretty sick bio-reactor out of them to grow algae if you're into that kind of stuff.
>>
>>1145055 lol dude I'd spit in your face if we met up and taze your ass. While you flopped on the floor like a maggot I might gouge out your eye a lil. Wanna meet up bitch I'm in alaska. I'm pretty sure your not hard and that I'd roll you in a fight. Cmon pussy boi let's day fightclub
>>
Also maybe you could make a teepee or pool sticks or a custom pee stick to write your name in the snow accurately.
>>
File: Floating spigot.jpg (92KB, 585x438px) Image search: [Google]
Floating spigot.jpg
92KB, 585x438px
Yard ornaments or bottomless coffee cup illusion
>>
File: TUUUUUUBES.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TUUUUUUBES.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>>1144864
holy shit i didnt think this would work because i only have clear acetone , but they all turned blue
>>
>>1144987
How about this, stop being a punk ass bitch with a grandiose ego. kek, why would I be on this board if I didn't DIY, you stupid fuck. Stop hitting your head and start hitting the books. It might do you some good and prove to others that you are not just some basic bitch skater bum. for your ego, you should have higher aspirations. I feel sorry for your parents, they should have aborted.
>>
>>1144914
Oh yes you can. It's one of the easiest plastics to heat-deform, right after fucking wire insulation.
>>
>>1144791
guessing he's planning on sending it to the "you make it we skate it" segment of those braile skateboarding people.
>>
One in pooper, other end in mouth, blow yourself up like a balloon.
>>
>>1144793
I hope Siemens paid you for them, if not, give me a call, I won a $60m case against Siemens, I can shit them.

As for the tubes, cut each length into 6 x 1 foot lengths and so you will have 600 x 1 foot lengths. With that many, the world is your oyster.
>>
>>1144786
Start building water coolers for PCs

Pretty sure 600ft will get you quite a few coolers and dosh going
>>
Pipe oxygen through them and make hybrid rocket motors. Mill a nozzle out of graphite or something.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.