[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know anything about soundproofing interiors? I started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: nope.gif (2MB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
2MB, 286x210px
Anyone know anything about soundproofing interiors? I started working nights and I share a wall with an asshole who blasts music at 8 in the morning. Any ideas for a relatively inexpensive solution? I already wear earplugs and noise-cancelling earmuffs and I still get woken up.
>>
hoard garbage and pile it against that wall.
>>
>>1143362
I don't know about sound proofing, but I know talking with your neighbor is a start.

If that doesn't work, file noise complaints.
>>
File: bat.jpg (5KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
bat.jpg
5KB, 218x218px
>>
>>1143362
SHUUUUUUUUSH!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Encino man.

Brendan Fraiseir and Paully Shore need memake 45 more movies together. .
>>
http://www.bondedlogic.com/ultratouch-denim-insulation/

a bit dusty when it gets in there but it works great and all you have to do is nail or staple it to the drywall in a million places
>>
>>1143362

Go to bed at 22:00, this way you will sleep your 10 hours.

Most teens do not get enough sleep.

Teens need about 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night to function best.

Sleep is vital to your well-being, as important as the air you breathe, the water you drink and the food you eat. It can even help you to eat better and manage the stress of being a teen.
>>
>>1144057
Really bro? You're going to tell a millennial to sleep more and do less? Even if you're implying and all for humorous effect, for the love of God don't tell them that shit, they'll DO it!
>>
Rip out the plaster.
Stuff sound deadening bats in the wall.
Replace the plaster with soundproof plaster.
>>
Soundproofing and small drywall patches need to be added to the sticky
>>
Why not play your own music at 7 to show him what it's like, or better yet see if he is using a Bluetooth speaker and fuck with him by playing shit from the speaker
>>
>>1144057
>Go to bed at 22:00
see, this is the best way to deal with night shifts
>>
>>1143562
I'm pretty sure he won't be able to file a noise complaint. Most places say that starting from around 6-8am you can get fucked and to deal with it.
>>
a fan or air cleaner does wonders drowning out noise
>>
>>1143362
My neighbor was noisy, I mentioned it but was told to GTFO.
I spent two weeks scratching the walls with a razor blade when I got home, then when I left for work I made this motor driven thing that hit one of those round metal candy containers like a drum.
Knock, what is the scratching? Is it annoying? Yeah...good fuck off and keep quiet. OK but please can you also stop the knock knock knock knock that happens 9 hours when you are out...if you stop the noise...deal done.
>>
>>1146089
This
>>
>>1143362
Melamine is cheap and supposedly a good sound insulator, however it has been shown to be toxic so consider covering it and not cutting it up and inhaling it in your room. Your best bet is to approach him and be like "dude i work the fucking graveyard shift and your shit wakes me up every morning, get headphones" be sure to give him your days off so he has some time to play his music autisticly loud. Only a fuckwit would continue.

Alternatively, if he is , wait until fuck head has to sleep and blast music (enough to wake him but try to avoid shitting off others) for five minutes and wait for cops and pretend you have no idea who it is. Repeat until he stops.
>>
>>1143362
Something about roof insulation tape being called "redneck dynamat" because it works 90% as good and costs 20% as much.
>>
>>1143362
Line wall with egg cartons and hang fabric.
>>
>>1143362
I used to work for a sprayfoaming company and we did soundroofing.
We used polyurethane and adjusted and the side A and side B concentrations and chemicals to known chemicals used for soundproofing.
There are many forums dealing with the fine details of the chemistry but in general you want big bubbles without ruining structural integrity.

Contact a professional sprayfoamer and you should get what you want. Usually 5-6 inches with proper sprayfoam is enough to eliminate >90% of sound vibrations in polyurethane.
>>
>>1146125
>>1146089
This will only work if you live in a sitcom; don't look for trouble.
>>
>>1147782
Retard alert
>>
>>1143362
Move or work days. Only logical approach as rebuilding a wall will not work if you don't own the place.
>>
>>1148039
jokes on you, you are the retard to think it wont work
>>
theres these styrofoam reflective sheets you can get at home depot for jus a few $/yd^2
idk how well they work, but as I was buying them, someone mentioned how they used those to soundproof a jam room
I jus used it for a grow room cause aforementioned reflectivity
>>
>>1148044
>doesn't comprehend

http://www.acousticsfirst.com/docs/egg.pdf
>>
If you can hear them, then they can hear you. Push a speaker so it's facing the wall and play an obnoxious song on repeat/loop whenever you are out of the house. It doesn't have to be loud, either- maybe even slowly increase volume one tick a day for a few months? I did his with a roommate-turned-couchguy until he moved out.

I got the idea from a chinese cartoons. https://youtu.be/qGl7b1EPwfA
>>
>>1143362
Buy military grade shooting ear plugs they do wonders
>>
>>1146075
Yeah but the noice still can't be so loud that it disturbs other resident's, at least that is how it is in where i live.
>>
>>1148033
This
>>
>>1149573
Or a milsurp revolver.

>Remember kids, revolvers don't leave empty shells.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.