[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pickling recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Laughingbabby.jpg (748KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
Laughingbabby.jpg
748KB, 1200x798px
I've gotten into making spoon rings and want to take care of fire scale that builds up in the annealing process. I've been using a pickle recipe that is 1 tbsp salt to 1 cup vinegar and it works ok, but I was wondering if any of y'all had a pickle recipe that was 1: non-toxic and 2: more effective than that one. The googles give me "salt and vinegar and heat" over and over with little else outside toxic pickles like sulfuric acid based ones.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170313-124414.png (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-124414.png
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>1143170
Well, probably wont help you much but if you are buying pickling shit anyway pic related is fucking epic. You "bar styke pickled eggs." Ran out for the last mucherfucking tine yesterday and will be three weeks before i can have more.

Tonight i'm headed to walmart for $500 worth of eggs and oickling shit and already built a cellar shelf to store the mutherfuckers.

Good luck on your project OP. And to any anons into pickled eggs, you'll never pay $8 a dozen at the store for shit quality product again if u follow this pic.
>>
>>1143170
Hope you're not planning to pickle the little guy. I'd take him for sure.
>>
>>1143170
i do this occasionally. i use kosher salt, cut the vinegar with some water. boil the water but let it cool off. i don't like to use heat on the shit i'm pickling because it stays more "crisp". i forget the ratios i usually use, i just go by taste compared to a jar of pickles i buy and make a few gallons of brine at a time. when i pick stuff from the garden i just stuff them into jars and pour the premade brine/spices on them and stick them in the fridge. I'm bored so I'm probably gonna go google around for shit now. if i find anything interesting I'll share it here.
>>
>>1144283
Yus. Please do.
>>
>>1144050
What the fuck is pickling spice, I fucking hate when a recipe doesn't give the ingredients!

Also do I boil and peel the eggs or throw em in shell and all?
>>
>>1143170
Citroc Acid pickle. Or CitPic. We use it in jewelry. Takes scale off almost as fast as sulfuric acid pickle and is nontoxic. We use both in the lab, but I like the citpic because I don't start my morning with a big wiff of deadly shit. Also, you can clean steel tools in the same pot as other metals without turning everything bizarre colors.
>>
>>1146603
Op here, thanks for that. Doesn't look too bad and the reviews (well, the three I could find) all say good stuff.
>>
>>1146428
Usah, i dont know but i just ate 3 a week before they supposed to be done. Sooo good. Check spices at the grocery store. Fuck if i know wtf it is.

Boil and peel them first.

Its a bitch
>>
>>1146428
I dont know. Its just called that in the spice isle
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.