[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patio String Lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: patio string lights.jpg (67KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
patio string lights.jpg
67KB, 736x552px
I want to build a string light setup for a restaurant patio. How do I go about building the posts?
>>
>>1142989
Get a tree and whittle.
>>
>>1142990
I thought about a tree but I'd be paranoid of it rotting or some asshole cutting it down, so I was thinking steel pipe.

My biggest question is how to plant the posts. Along the outer perimeter of the patio is a bunch of mulch and shrubbery. Would you get a plastic bucket and fill it with concrete?
>>
>>1143018

You don't even need the plastic bucket. You could just dig a hole, fill it with concrete, put post in and let it cure. Metal post would probably look trashy/hokey versus a treated wood post, but it's really all about what type of look you're going for.
>>
>>1143020
>treated wood is classier than metal.
>>
>>1143018
>Would you get a plastic bucket and fill it with concrete?
yeah
>>
Get a 4x4x12/16.

Dig a 3 foot hole.

Full with concrete.

Make a loop with the string light

Kill yourself
>>
>>1143020
Wooden post would definitely look better, especially since it's in a rural area. What sort of treatment other than staining it?
>>
>>1143078
make sure its pressure treated, suitable for burying - proceed as >>1143057 - whereby, Id def. use 16, more out the way, the better - def should be above handsgrip height, also, leaves space for some loop/slack on the wire. Id also string a steel rope bewteen the poles and attach the wire to that at intervals, not that more expensive and stops people eating glass suddenly, but, w/e.
>>1143022
treated wood is classier than metal poles, if you got an outdoor area of a restaurant with excited kids running around and shit (parties, etc.). And drunk adults. They tend to survive bouncing off wooden poles better than metal, all keeps the customers coming back.
>>
>>1142989
ttt <
>>
>>1143081

Even pressure treated wood isn't exactly rot free. Put a little mound of concrete around the base so it doesn't sit in a puddle.
>>
Do you think I'll need a construction/building permit to do this?
>>
>>1143572
I wouldn't think so
>>
>>1143018
Filling a plastic bucket with cement seems like an unnecessary step when you can pour the concrete directly into the whole you dug.
>>
I like potatoes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.