[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freight train hopping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: map_freight_current.jpg (401KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
map_freight_current.jpg
401KB, 800x524px
Wasn't really sure where else to put this, but I'm planning on hopping a freight across America. Is there anything I can do to prepare other than reading about it?
>>
>>1142926
Tie some blankets around your chest so it won't hurt as much when you get kicked in the ribs by a RR worker.

This is a stupid idea, might have worked well in the 1950s, now not so much.
>>
File: Emperor_of_the_North-larger_2.jpg (242KB, 2000x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_of_the_North-larger_2.jpg
242KB, 2000x1330px
>>1142930
This, make sure you don't hop on Shack's train. He'll brain you real quick with a hammer.
>>
>>1142926
can you handle being stabbed?
can you stab someone?
>>
>>1142930
there are ways to avoid bulls, i've known lots of people in this day and age who still hop freight trains as a means of traveling.
>>1142937
yes and yes
>>
>>1142939
>i've known lots of people in this day and age who still hop freight trains as a means of traveling.
No, you don't, otherwise you'd be asking them.

You're not going to find a how-to guide for something illegal in print. Searching the web is your best bet, but apart from reading personal stories, I don't really know what you expect out of it. It's literally just running on a train and jumping on.
>>
The local switcher use to let me catch a ride in between my town and my gf's. I'd sit on the last car with the switch operator and talk. Fun times.
>>
>>1142940
>known
>>
Train hopping is a thing. If u do make sure the car door never closes on you all the way and don't hang out under or next to frieght it can shift and trap you.
>>
its still a thing here in Russia, but people rarely ride inside gondolas here. Hitch hiking is still much more comfortable and at least 4-5 times faster
>>
>>1142945
what happens if the car door closes all the way on you
>>
>>1142947
i was told the Russian countryside has bands of marauding thieves/rapists/murderers and is more dangerous than the cities.
>>
>>1142961
You're stuck inside until they open it you dumb bastard
>>
>>1142940
>You're not going to find a how-to guide for something illegal in print.
What the fuck are you talking about?

>#6. DMT
TRYPTAMINE, N,N-DIMETHYL; INDOLE, 3-[2-(DIMETHYLAMINO)ETHYL]; N,N-DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE; 3-[2-(DIMETHYLAMINO)ETHYL]INDOLE; DESOXYBUFOTENINE; NIGERINE
>"TIHKAL", Shulgin
Available on amazon.

Describes in technical detail the synthesis of more schedule I drugs than you knew existed
>>
>>1142926
>Wasn't really sure where else to put this
how about the fucking travel board, you mong?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3-AAVTeDA

dogspeed, anon
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
>>1142978
>>
>>1142926
I'd say lay off the drugs.
They aren't serving you well.
You may think they're enlightening you but they aren't.
>>
>>1143006
have i been misinformed?
>>
>>1143024
Trump implies the same things

What's your point ?
>>
File: _20170311_125906.jpg (118KB, 720x825px) Image search: [Google]
_20170311_125906.jpg
118KB, 720x825px
>>1142940
>you're not going to find a how-to guide for something illegal in print

Pic related is basically that
>>
For a visual demonstration watch ' into the wild'
Pretty much explains everything you need to know
>>
>>1142926
>>>1142961
>You're stuck inside until they open it you dumb bastard

This could take up to 3 months at times
>>
>>1143116
Just in case, you better make sure you get into a train car full of something that contains the nutrients to survive for 3 months. Like imitation crab meat.
>>
>>1142926
Are you by chance Canadian and work in the rail industry?
>>
>>1142926
This belongs in /out/ they have at least two vagabond threads at all times
>>
File: 1199209691380.jpg (21KB, 209x169px) Image search: [Google]
1199209691380.jpg
21KB, 209x169px
>>1143119
>>
The train company will flip their shit when they catch you.
I work next to a trainyard, they have armed guards.
>>
enjoy your felony and jail time with massive fines. Also woe is you if you can't go withing 300 feet of ANY TRAIN OR FREIGHT LINE in any modern town or city.
>>
>>1142926
Make sure you have a will.
>>
I used to live and work in a hippy hostel/farm in my care free days and we got lots of train/dirty kids through there. this was almost a decade ago so my info is old.

they traveled in groups of at least 3 for safety.

they said if you can't count the bolts on the wheels the train is moving to fast to jump.

they had a huge xeroxed copy of train schedules that was constantly recoppied and passed around in the community

met two with missuing limbs from train hopping while drunk.

Railroad Bulls WILL beat you up or ignore you or take bribes, depending on their personality.

if I was to do it I'd find some dirty kids panhandling buy them some smokes and beer and ask them about it. but unless you have an experienced buddy or are running from something worse I wouldn't recommend it.

look into WWOOFing if you want to be wandering aimlessly. it's a bit more comfortable as you have a food and a roof every night. and your not a social pariah. it's how I spent my early 20ies and was the happiest time of my life I got in great shape, learned to build and farm, got laid all the time, and met my wife and most of my closest friends.
>>
>>1143582
also I was told it's much easier and safer to do in Canada than here.
>>
>>1143268
This. Not sure about everywhere but in Oklahoma they are legit peace officers that will haul your ass in.
>>
>>1142947
>4-5 times faster
how so? trains don't go 20km/h
>>
It's dangerous as fuck. People always think it's dangerous but it's an understatement.

It's a felony, and after 9/11 they really cracked down on anything to do with transportation.

Do NOT cross an international border. They will find you, they use x-rays and infrared scanners.
>>
>>1143582
>and met my wife and most of my closest friends.

All in one night, if you get my meaning.
>>
>>1143006
>>1143024
What you are describing is the Kreml. And that is in Moscow.
>>
>>1142930
Homeless and tetards ride trains all over the fucking place. Solid advice tho. Be aware that rr fags walk both sides of the train after every stop so hide good. And get a fucking map. U dont want to try and bail in broad daylight ina train yard.

Prepare with tones of food and watter and a bigass 12ah charge oack from walmart so you can shitpost here about the train ride you will neced take...
>>
>>1142940
...they stop all over the country in fake ass bootleg train stops.

Like they just oark that shit between shits in fuck middle nowhere.

Follow the vans that carry drivers anon. Take a few short hops before gettin lost 2,000 miles away
>>
>>1142945
Or kill u. Not to mention gtfo away from freight or they fet pissed
>>
>>1143116
3 months.

Rip op
>>
>>1143119
>2017
>ridong in the train car instead of a strapped on shipping container.
>>
>>1143582
Horey shet.
>>
>>1143608
Howdy neighbor. Used to drive a delivery van hauling whiny cuckfag train bros. Thry dont seem to give a fuck in kansas as kong as u dont dick eith stuff
>>
Get your hands on a crew change guide and see if you can find someone else to travel with while you learn. theres a forum called squat the planet dedicated to this shit, you should check it out
>>
always carry a weapon. One blunt and one sharp. Be careful when getting on or you might get your legs chopped off. Beware the sucky of the train
>>
>>1143948
lol, we first connected by being skeeved out by the group sex clique.

But yes, if you want to bang gorgeous naive women and dirty weasel-like men at the same time get drunk with hippie kids.
>>
This the kind of smelly shit you be sharin a bridge with
>>
>>1142930

just take a camera with you and sue the railroad for abuse when they beat you up
>>
Wasnt there a youtube video of a guy doing this?

He got caught like 3 times and got fines, you cant do shit like this due to "DA TERRORISTS" you'll most likely get shot
>>
>>1144316
and look i found it

https://vimeo.com/181628606
>>
>>1142940
lmao "the anarchist cookbook".
>>
>>1144318
>>1144316
Fucking retard, how the fuck do you make it all the way to FL, and then get caught 3 times in a 20 mile stretch?
>>
>>1144299
Like the rr guys wont run your pockets and steal everything you have, be it a cell phone camera or that not so discrete hidden one.

Besides, they'll all gang up in court and say you were trespassing and they felt threatened. They'll file a police report and claim self defense, and realistically they wouldn't know you from some crazy hobo who probably has a knife.
>>
>>1143784
Fucking AVALANCHE.
>>
>>1142930
UP employee here. no railroad worker would hurt you.

WORST case they have the yardmaster call UP police and they arrest you.

Advice: Train crews are hourly and unionized, unless you hop on certain trains it could take you days to travel 400 miles. Inter-modal trains are usually quick and only stop to change crews.
>>
>>1142926

https://www.youtube.com/user/hobestobe
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.