[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I spent a couple weekends hauling trash for some people with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 3467214820_534347ea37.jpg (159KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3467214820_534347ea37.jpg
159KB, 500x333px
I spent a couple weekends hauling trash for some people with my pickup. Besides the general liquid shit found in residential trash, a couple toilet wax rings fell off and melted.

What's the best way to clean my truck bed?

I don't have access to a hose, but I can buy a bucket, brush, and whatever soap I need from the hardware store. My truck bed has some kind of spray on liner, so it's not just plastic or metal.
>>
>>1142653
Get a stiff bristle brush with an adjustable handle. Go to a self car wash/use power washer and just get scrubbing.. A bucket with a mix of dawn and water might help too.
>>
>>1142657
>Go to a self car wash/use power washer and just get scrubbing.
yep
>>
>>1142657
This, but first use some stiff cardboard to scrape up as much as posible
>>
>>1142653
heat gun on the lowest possible temperature (under 100 degree C) and paper towels
>>
>>1143053
Never use a heat gun on paint or varnish.
>>
File: 06660763.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
06660763.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>1142653
Magic Spray: gallon of water, 4 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon dawn. Mist with a quality sprayer (pic), wait, scrub a little, rinse, repeat.

But for really nasty shit, apply dawn directly and add water as you scrub. Scrubbing with dirty soap doesn't do much BC the hydrophilic/phobic degreaser molecules are used up.

OR - vinegar. Wear safety glasses, but letting vinegar soak a minute and rinsing will do a lot. You can even scrub a baking soda / water mix into the gunk and then pour vinegar on.
>>
>>1142653
Heat gun and paper towel. You'll be done in 5 mins.

>>1143053
Muh nigga

>>1143055
Use it on the wax which has a lower melting point. If you are blistering the paint/varnish you have the gun too close. It isn't rocket science.
>>
File: $.jpg (13KB, 301x225px) Image search: [Google]
$.jpg
13KB, 301x225px
ahahaha fucking brutal

postin wax rings
>>
Just throw some Kerosene on it, and scrape with a 5 in 1. Then drop some change in the pressure washer at the gas station and blast the rest of that garbage off.

>>1143461
>safety glasses for vinegar
thanks for the tip, Pinterest.
>>
>>1143055

I'd suggest a hair dryer. No danger of it getting hot enough to do paint damage but good enough to soften wax.
>>
>>1142653
>I don't have access to a hose
I owned 7 hoses by the time I was 12
I have hundreds of hoses now that I'm older.
>>
You ppl... Clean? Your truck bed?
This makes no sense. Rub some dirt on it. It'll be fine
>>
One part 30% peroxide goes into 3 parts of the strongest sulfuric acid you can get your hands on.

Mix slowly, mix in an ice bath, don't get on skin, don't get on metal, don't store in sealed container, don't dispose of without neutralizing complete, don't use near open flame, don't use around child, don't use to much, don't get on clothing, wear glasses, wear a mask, have a large amount of baking soda and water on standby for when you inevitably fuck up and dissolve your truck/arm/driveway

Or just use a pressure washer.
>>
>>1143055
>>1145703
Truck bed liner is plastic, not paint or varnish.
>>
>>1145746
nice reading comprehension
>>
>shop broom
>garden hose
>dish soap

Hose it out, put some dish soap in there, scrub it with shop broom, hose it out again.

Are you mentally retarded? I would just go to the manual carwash and pay 5 dollars. They got everything you need.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.