[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuclear Bunker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 20

File: fallout shelter.jpg (128KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
fallout shelter.jpg
128KB, 300x400px
I've come increasingly paranoid of a nuclear attack.
So I've decided to waste my time and money on designing and building a Nuclear Bunker, designed to hold 3 maximum humans, for 5-10 Years.

I just your minds to shed some light on stuff I haven't thought before.
>>
>>1142652
Plutonium shipping container.
>>
First, I've been googling stuff that may leave the radiation outside.
I'd say a 5 layers would be enough.
A cheap but reflective metal, concrete, metal again, and concrete again, I don't know about other materials.
>>
>>1142652
>5-10 Years

Buy a large Pacific island and colonise it. It'll be the cheapest option.
>>
The other thing is sustainability.
I've been looking at many Urine to Water Converters, and etc, and everything that can make my run longer, and healthy.
Energy, I really don't know, I've been thinking of a generator, but that can bring alot of problems, I need your help on this.
And entertainment? I got alot of books and board games to spend some time on, but they will eventually turn boring...
>>
A noose dude. The world after the nuclear Holocaust won't be worth living in
>>
File: hazman suit.jpg (48KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
hazman suit.jpg
48KB, 396x594px
Now planning when I get outside.
I've been also looking at hazmats suits and comparing prices, but I don't really know if it matters.
But when will it be a good time to leave my bunker once it is all gone?
Is there a time dedicated for this?
And how will I know what is happening outside before I go out to the wastelands.
>>
File: aid206249-728px-206249-14.jpg (67KB, 728x506px) Image search: [Google]
aid206249-728px-206249-14.jpg
67KB, 728x506px
Now the thing that really scares me is radiation.
Just to know that you survived the blast, but you got cancer and die in a year inside the vault.
A real bummer.
Are there good ways to prevent stuff like this from happening?
>>
Get out and go use a fucking search engine. You are not paranoid, you are mongoloid. Endless literature on EVERY thing you need to know is easily found, yet you are here.

Fuck off. Leave. You don't deserve to live because you are too stupid. Seriously. How do you manage to ask such idiotic questions???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Use a shipping container. Glue it shut from inside after sealing the vents.
>>
>>1142654
I heard supplies of corten were running down, thats whats replacing it huh
>>
>>1142677
You need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>1142703
And OP is not mentally 18 even if chronologically 18.

Bunker threads not started by Bunkeranon should be banned.
>>
>>1142658
>Not living out your Stalker fantasy

bruh?
>>
Your money is probably better spent on therapy if your worries about nuclear war are causing you real problems.
>>
File: 1482798028897.jpg (24KB, 625x411px) Image search: [Google]
1482798028897.jpg
24KB, 625x411px
>>1142906
the elites are building bunkers in antarctica. don't be a faggot.
>>
>>1142655
Mix borax into your concrete. Boron is the most effective radiation shield you can obtain. In fact, you might be better off replacing one of your concrete layers entirely with borax.
>>
>>1142670
Gas mask with NBC filter. Unless you have a fallout rated air filtration system on your shelter, this gas mask should only be removed to eat/drink. Otherwise wear it 24/7. Also, potassium iodine tablets, lots of them. Radioactive fallout tends to effect the thyroid gland mostly, potassium iodine fills your thyroid so it is unable to absorb radioactive iodine.
>>
>>1142664
If you are close enough to the blast to require a hazmat suit you are already dead. A simple gas mask will suffice to protect you from any airborne fallout. Just be sure to shower before entering your bunker (you need to do this even with the hazmat suit).
>>
>>1142925

Gas masks aren't designed to be worn 24/7, they're strictly a "get out of the area as fast as possible" type of device. Also for civillian use they recommend "emergency escape hoods" because gasmasks require a bit of training to put on correctly and as quickly as possible. Lastly, you can't have a beard if you want to use a gasmask as it compromises the seal around the face. If i were preparing to survive a nuclear blast, i would only use the shelter to survive the initial blast for a few days. The shelter woud feature a full hazmat suit for going outside, possibly one with an SCBA and clean air taks since filters have a shelf life. That, and a dirtbike or mountain bike that would allow getting out of the radioactive zone quickly. Once you reach a safe area, the hazmat suit would have to be discarded.
>>
>>1142677
I came here for a discussion and tips, so stop being an autistic kid.
>>
>>1142664
>But when will it be a good time to leave my bunker once it is all gone?

You really didn't do any serious research. Go do serious research. Expecting people to spoon feed you is bullshit.

People asking for /spoonfeed/ need to die and I'll continue to call them out. This is an adult board.
>>
File: weeniearms.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
weeniearms.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>1142963

Why ever ask anything on a board when you can just google it? If you're feeling lazy and don't want to bother responding just ignore the thread.
>>
>>1142652
>for 5-10 Years.
There is no place that will sustain you for that time without having to go outside for disposal of garbage and obtaining critical resources.
>>
>>1142652
>for 5-10 Years
Also you're so fucking retarded for even coining this, even so much that it will be sure that you'll be unable to survive such an event in any circumstance, you're just too stupid for survival. You're asking the wrong questions, meaning you're lacking the right mindset, etc...
>>
>>1142997

>buy a nuclear submarine or space station
>bury it in your yard
>profit
>>
>>1142938
In the type of catastrophe OP is describing im thinking the nearest radiation free zone would be the moon so yeah. Wear the gas mask 24/7, or just kill yourself.
>>
make a spherical gyroscope house with eight latched doors that are concaved inward,
>>
>>1143025
>Space station
> bury it
Any day I can post the gif of planet express ship underwater where the professor says the pressure is some large number of atmospheres and they all how many can the ship handle and he said its a space ship so anywhere between zero and one is a good day.
Unfortunately I can't be bothered to find it
>>
>>1142659
Solar panels last longer than 5-10 years, and they're not terribly expensive any more. The issue is storage, if you're okay having no power for a while a decent solar array and a modest battery bank would probably meet your needs IF your needs are also modest. If you're growing your own food down there, you may need to get creative.

>>1142664
Opinions differ on this but as far as I'm concerned, once there have been a handful of heavy precipitation events topside, I'd feel fairly okay going out. I subscribe to the school of thought that you'll need to accept a higher mutation rate and shouldn't worry overly about background radiation so long as you don't track any particles inside. So after a couple rains or snows, whatever radioactive dust has made it into the atmosphere would have been washed into whatever bodies of water are nearby, so I'd feel okay so long as I stripped down in an anteroom and washed anything I was wearing thoroughly
>>
>>1142971
>>1142997
>>1142999
>>1142963
Why are you guys such lazy fucks and don't actualy help OP?
Stop being such faggots like OP.
>>
>>1142923
For neutrons, not gamma rays or x-rays. Even then, concrete is still better, since it's self-supporting. and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Borax is good if you're running an illicit nuclear reactor and need to shut it down in a hurry, but it's not a good shielding material.
>>
>>1143080
>mutation
If by that you mean cancer, yeah. Background radiation is going to be significantly higher after a nuclear war.

After a month or two, the most intense radiation will be gone, except for directly on top of the blast sites. If they were airbursts, then the radiation even there wouldn't be super lethal as long as you don't spend much time there.
>>
>>1142677
Shipping containers are a fucking bad idea.
They are meant to transport stuff, not to hold people during a nuclear bomb
>>
>>1142997
>>1142999
>retarded for thinking 5-10 years is impossible
You're just plain stupid, although OP is kinda of an idiot, 5-10 years is actually pretty easy if you have a large storage, energy source and a greenhouse to grow some veggies.
>>
>>1143111
>grow veggies
>in an earth where the water and soils i polluted with radioisotopes
>getting sunlight without radiation

wat?
>>
>>1143103
Did you read what they wrote? Concrete is not replaced. Replace one of your layers with borax. The rest would still be thick ass concrete.
>>
>>1143128
There are Lamps and UV Lamps that can make plants grow indoors, and the soil and water can be quickly obtained before a nuke strikes...
>>
>>1143142
how are you going to keep a supply of water large enough for 3 people and for enough plants to feed them for 5-10 years while also making sure it doesn't get irradiated?
>>
>>1143148
Wells for subterranean water is an option for water, and you don't have to make food for 5-10 years, only when your stocks are low, or you want something new.
>>
>>1143062
I saw that episode yesterday, it was either 30 or 60 atmospheres. I'm also not checking it out. (BTW, what's a "mandwich", is it a Jamaican thing?)
>>
>>1142677
OK guys, we can all leave the board now
>>
>>1142652
Use pallets,lol
>>
>>1142652
Possible outcomes of nuclear war:
>Small scale deployment on other side of world
Read about it in newspaper for the next year
>Nearby tactical weapon
Close your windows and shower after going outside
>Nearby strategic weapon
Stay in basement for two weeks, then limit time spent outdoors for a month
>Full scale nuclear war
Entire world decimated, nothing worth living for
>>
>>1143551
Sage
>>
>>1143577
bump
>>
www.monolithic.org/domes

Bury it
>>
>>1143030
Considering one filter is only good for a few hours, how many would you have to go through? In that type of catastrophe anything other than a fort knox style bunker inside a mountain with a closed loop air system is pointless
>>
>>1142652
It may be better to just try to acquire a decommissioned missile silo or bunker from the govt. I know that there are a bunch here in the midwestern US. I'd say that would give you the structure you need and a ton of room to do whatever you want with.
>>
>>1142652
Tbh your only real worry should be energy supply after you have a solid bunker constructed. Provided you can maintain a solid energy supply, everything else needed for post-nuclear survival is possible.
>>
The sheer amount of space needed to pull this off would be insane. Food for 3 for at max a decade? Enough fuel to keep the lights on for that long? Disposable supplies like air filters? Enough open space to not lose your mind? The space requirements aside, the cost of the food, fuel, waste recycling appliances and supplies would be insane. And then likely burying the facility? It would be like building a literal Vault from fallout.
>>
File: Diy's Dream.jpg (37KB, 468x326px) Image search: [Google]
Diy's Dream.jpg
37KB, 468x326px
>>1142652
Pic attached is the only correct option.
>>
>>1143025
It's not like they have to be restocked or something. No, better tell I'm the retard.
>>
>>1143093
OP is too lazy to help himself, also you're the biggest fag on 4chan.
>>
>>1142652

The lucky ones will be those who don't survive.
>>
>>1143186
>BTW, what's a "mandwich", is it a Jamaican thing?

It's an on going Futurama joke because something always happens to his sandwich. Manwich is a tomato type sauce for making sloppy joes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8CCCamugts
>>
>>1143186
Manwich is the brand name of a canned sloppy joe sauce produced by ConAgra Foods and Hunt's, introduced in 1969. The can contains seasoned tomato sauce that is added to ground beef cooked in a skillet. It is marketed as a quick and easy one-pan meal for the whole family. Manwich's slogan is, "A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal."
A sloppy joe is a sandwich consisting of ground beef, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun.[1] The dish originated in the United States during the early 20th century.
was going to tell you to google it but I was curious too, I knew what it was but I was curious about the Jamaican aspect.
>>
>>1142677
>shipping container
>vents
>>
>>1143025
Im dying. Im laughing so hard im coughing
>>
>>1143080
>Solar panels
Implying they won't be covered by nuclear fallout and become useless.
>>
>>1142652
5-10 years? :D holly fuck
the bunker muss be imens not for living but storing shit like food(tons of food) and facilities - water, air, electricity, comunication(not to forget maintenence and replacment parts) etc. you wodl need a bunker the size of anon bunkerbro
most bunkers are not made/designt for such long time maybe months but never a 10 year period
>>
File: 1489194661310.png (227KB, 564x276px) Image search: [Google]
1489194661310.png
227KB, 564x276px
>>1142652
You know what the worst part of surviving would be?

If and when you can come back the surface, guess who the majority of survivors will be?

Yes. The political calss, the mega rich, the best kind of people to spend the apocalypse with.

That is literal hell on earth. If you want to see it, good luck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jYPp9w-0Uk
>>
>>1142677
>shipping container
>calls him a mongoloid
wew
>>
>>1146876
looks like somebody isn't stupid.
>>
>>1145639
Better than working class plebs who would probably end up eating each other
>>
File: Threadsmoviecover.jpg (102KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
Threadsmoviecover.jpg
102KB, 500x712px
OP go and watch Threads then reconsider the value of surviving a nuclear attack.

In fact everyone should go watch it, good shit, very harrowing.
>>
File: 1486810758287.jpg (25KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
1486810758287.jpg
25KB, 470x313px
>>1147292
>he decides whether to live or die based off of jew 'entertainment'

>yes, goy, you don't want to live anymore once we start the final war because there's too many of you

>better to die goy

never gonna make it
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>1147339
I'm not here to judge Anon, just weighing up the facts
>Probably will have been blown away before reaching the nuke house
>Will likely die a slow painful death to radiation poisoning as you'll have to leave some time
>Medical treatment non-existent and will likely die a slow painful death to rampant disease, with dead bodies everywhere
>No more supply chain so food doesn't last long, will probably be shot or shanked in the street for a tin of beans
>Local "authority" will find your hideout and re-appropriate the preimses
>Like it or not if you lived long enough you'll have to join the reconstruction effort, namely trying to grow food in irradiated top soil with very questionable fuel supplies
>If you've still lived this long you'll probably be huddled around a fire with PTSD ridden fellows in the middle of the night, tried hungry and dirty, you'll reminisce you're nice old life and wonder the point of continuing this suffering.
>>
>>1142652
SOOOO COOOOL MAN !!!
>>
>>1147378
There are plenty of Hiroshima and Nagasaki surivors.

If worried, you can choose to MOVE far away from nuclear targets! What a concept. South America isn't on anyone's target list.

Silly fearfags want the worst of both worlds, life next to a target and building their own underground prison.
>>
>>1147385
That was also the result of two bombs, these days entire salvos will be used in attacks on targets with much much greater payloads.
>>
>>1147385
evri country capable making nukes or having a program is a target
>>
File: thedayafter3.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
thedayafter3.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
>>1147378
ahh reminds me on The Day After
canibalism, tons and tons of dead, people killing each other slowly dying from radiation poisoning
>>
>>1147458
There's no point in nuking random countries just because they might have the technical capability to build nukes if needed.
Move to a country which has no nukes and no active program. Choose one which is also unlikely to start a nuke program. There are plenty of those. And if shit STILL happens, move again.

>>1147392
You still need a very good reason to start a nuclear war. No sufficiently good reason was found during the Cold War.
>>
>>1142652
Please define what a "maximum human" looks like.
>>
File: Nuclear_War_Survival_Skills[1].png (220KB, 294x378px) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear_War_Survival_Skills[1].png
220KB, 294x378px
Why does every cunt make it seem like if nuclear war happens, some twat is going to drop a nuke right on you.

Fallout if your main worry. You can sort most of that out with a decent basement.

Hence the name FALLOUT SHELTER.

Go read Nuclear War Survival Skills.
>>
Nuclear shelter would be near impossible to DIY. You need to seal it properly and still maintain adequate ventilation. You'll need a good NBC filtration system-which typically start at 8 grand and up.

You'll need large water reservoirs not just for consumption, but laundry, dishes, toilets, showers, etc. You will also need a waste tank to dispose of human waste. Food supplies, first aid, basic medical books, weapons to protect from other people, entertainment to keep you sane, power needs (if generator you need a large fuel source) Generator should be backup, solar being primary. Then you have the cost of the inverter system-though if basic lighting is all you need then you can have DC LED lighting. Toilet paper can't be forgotten. There are so many things that you obviously haven't researched. The idea popped in your head and you came here.

Best course for you is to contact a company that builds them. Northwest Shelter Systems and Atlas are two that can get you started.
>>
>>1147550
If you're near a target, blast is your main worry. Fallout is your secondary worry.

After that clean drinking water and then food are your really really big worries.
>>
>>1147385
>South America isn't on anyone's target list
Dont come here, second warning
>>
Let's just say it's possible for a minute. Do you realize just how bat shit crazy you will become after being underground for that long?
>>
>82 posts and nobody has posted the obvious answer: rent out a room from bunkerbro
>>
>>1147745
But he won't let anons in...
>>
>>1147752

Might makes right. We just need someone with a silver tongue or one of those /pol/locks to triangulate his position through cessetrial patterns. Once we know where it's at, we can get in.
>>
>>1147754
thanks for the meme
>>
>>1147385
That was two bombs. A nuclear war, unless an extraordinarily limited exchange (read: not going to happen), I'd going to number in the dozens, at least. Will probably be hundreds.

Doesn't matter if your country gets hit, or even if you're far away, you're still going to be affected.
>>
Well here are my tipps for you.

Be sure to build your bunker in a town far from any big cities. (duh)
It should be about 4 meters underground, with two meters of soil and two meters of concrete. If you want to be 100% radiation free, use lead enforced concrete.

These are the basics for a bunker, but you said you wanted to stay there for about ten years. That is going to be costly.

Here are the major problems you are going to face:

Food and Water supply
Psychological problems
Power

After you have built your base Bunker (about 3x5 meters should be ok) you have to build a food reserve. For one person, you will need 2'400 calories a day. Stock up on canned food, look for very nutritious ones. To survive 10 years without scavengeing, you would have to fill another 5x5 room wirh food. Walls of about 1 meter of concrete should be enough, canned food withstands radiation very well.
For water, bring about 100 liters for the first fifty days. After that, you will have to go scavengeing. Buy about 20 reusable water filters.

For power, a classic oil powered generator is essential. It will help you survive the fist month, too. A dynamo for the air filter(dont forget to bring extra filters) will give you the daily exercice you need.

To not go insane, bring books. Lots of them. Bring pens and write a diary. Bring a vidya system if absolutely nessecary. Only use it on week ends, as a reward for staying alive
>>
>>1147919
Oh and vitamin pills too
>>
File: us_nuke_targets.jpg (3MB, 2560x1620px) Image search: [Google]
us_nuke_targets.jpg
3MB, 2560x1620px
Avoid these areas, if you're building a bunker.
>>
>>1147919
>insanity
How likely is that if I'm a very morally and also religiously grounded person.
>>
File: 1479912894188.png (308KB, 1142x520px) Image search: [Google]
1479912894188.png
308KB, 1142x520px
>>1147550
not op but i live in nyc

worse comes to worse we're the first to go out of spite
>>
Maybe the easiest way to make yourself a nice and fancy place is to use water incredible properties against radiation (which i think is the easiest way to be protected from post nuclear explosion radiation)

I don't think any power dependent object would be of any use (nuclear war ? don't think any connection will be available) Maybe you should consider being totally self reliant and being able to have information on outside world without going outside

Don't go for traditional bunker idea but for something that you can truly feel home in as you'll definitely go through suicidal thought at a point. Consider sport activities (that could actually be your temporary power source).

Find yourself a hobby or at least a data base so that your time spent inside the bunker won't be useless and that you can actually be capable of DOING SOMETHING WITH YOUR BRAIN AS YOU'RE NOT EVEN BEING ABLE TO THINK ALL BY YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF 10 YO PIECE OF USELESS ENOUGH MAN TO ACTUALLY CONSIDER YOU MIGHT HAVE MORE IMPORTANCE INSIDE A BUNKER THAN IN THE CURRENT WORLD.
What's even the point of keeping you alive if all you can think about is to prepare incoming apocalypse which you can only encourage by thinking it might even happen.
>>
>>1148025
also where the US holds its nukes should be avoided there is a map out there somewhere
>>
>>1148025
Why the fuck is the Cleveland area so high? The only thing worth keeping in those areas would be the doctors at cleveland clinic.
>>
>>1148122
>very morally grounded
Morality and insanity aren't mutually exclusive. Also, your morality self-assessment means jack shit, you don't necessarily realize you're insane and your insanity can change your ideas about what is right and what is wrong.

>religiously grounded
There are plenty of religious nutjobs, some of them dangerous.
>>
>>1149417
Honestly the US government should nuke Cleveland and Detroit.
>>
OK OP
Here is some genuine not shit tier advice on building a bunker.
First off I am an engineer so I know a thing or two.
Tips:
A. DO NOT USE SHIPPING CONTAINERS
shipping containers are only designed to support a vertical load on the top on the edges and each of the four corners. Packing a bunch of soil up against the non-reinforced walls is a great way to collapse your shelter. I don't know why people insist on using these fucking steel coffins.
B. Ventilation is key.
Be sure to design a ventilation system which can sustain 5-10 people. Believe it or not people like to breath. Buildup of too much CO2 can impair judgement and cause a host of other problems. Most of those super expensive NBC filters you see online are WAY. Fallout generally consists of small dust like particles which can be removed by something like a HEPA filter which is much cheaper.
C. Get a goddamn engineer
Unless you want your structure to collapse because you don't know how much your roof can support I suggest someone you are building this with have some kind of engineering experience.
D. If you want to go prefab, use parts that are designed to be buried. Things like concrete/corrugated steel drainage pipes are suitable for being buried as long as it is at reasonable depth.
This is all I could think of off the top of my head if you want to read more one book I would suggest is "The Secure Home" by Joel Skousen.
>>
>>1144601
The flat roof would cave in after just a few feet of wet soil on top of it. Look at how Colin Furze built his.
>>
>>1148025
The fuck is in the Colorado area, Montana, and North Dakota thats worth bombing,
>>
>>1150909
underground silos
>>
The best way to improve sustainability is to be out in the middle of nowhere. If you're far enough from blast sites and in a wilderness where you can hide from other people, you can start going out for supplies relatively quickly. That means you can design the 10 year section like a camouflaged, radiation-hardened house and have a smaller short term survival bunker below.

Food and daily supplies don't take up all that much space except for water and toilet paper, and extra water can partially replace TP, so the short term bunker has to prioritize water and air.

Deploy some redundant sensors and cameras you can switch on from inside the central bunker, and have radio equipment ready. Information will be the third crucial commodity after air and water.
>>
File: Active_LGM-30_Minuteman_Sites.png (83KB, 809x746px) Image search: [Google]
Active_LGM-30_Minuteman_Sites.png
83KB, 809x746px
>>1150909
Active LGM-30 Minuteman Sites
Source:Wikipedia
>>
>>1147919
>To not go insane, bring books. Lots of them. Bring pens and write a diary. Bring a vidya system if absolutely nessecary. Only use it on week ends, as a reward for staying alive

It'd also be a good idea to have 20 terabytes of downloaded movies, tv, cartoons, anime, books, comics, and porn. Low space (a lot less than physical media like you recommended), SSDs last a long time, and you're gonna want to jack off at some point. I imagine it'd be fine to use them if you used your power bicycle to run the computer.
>>
>>1151057
I just did some math on water needs out of curiosity, and you'd need to store a fuck ton of it if you wanted it all contained.

>2 gal a day for drinking
>3 gal for cooking
>15 gal for bathing
>5 gal for sanitation (bathroom waste)
>25 gal for washing dishes and laundry
>multiply by 3 and you get 150 gallons a day
>150*365*10= 550,000

That's a fuck ton of water. Good luck storing that amount safely without contamination or irradiation.
>>
>>1151089
>3 gal for cooking
wut
>15 gal for bathing
>bathing every single day
>25 gal for washing dishes and laundry
>washing dishes and laundry every single day
>>
>>1151089
How can u drink that much ?!
>>
>>1151089
>3 gal for cooking
What are you cooking? Get more cans that don't require adding water and more dry food. For rice, a cup of water per meal, thrice a day, for three people works out to 9/16 of a gallon. Pasta uses quite a bit, but that water can be recycled easily. Efficient recycling is essential.
>bathing
Rub oils or shampoo over yourself and scrape it off. You can do this with a fairly small quantity.
>dishes and laundry
Are you planning to run washing machines? Doing this stuff the old fashioned way and recycling the waste water will bring that down.

The toilet is trickier since that wastewater is more difficult to reclaim.
>>
ok pretty sure you need 20 meters thick of concrete to stop radiation (beta particles was it?). on top of that food sources would last maybe 6 years so you should consider recycling waste into compost. water recycling is a must too, external monitoring apparatus and an air filter.

its pretty impossible by yourself, you need significant funding and are better off setting up a communal compound.
>>
>>1151441
>toilet is tricky
Composting toilet uses no water and the result will be useful if trying to grow crops
>>
>>1151536
>20m thick of concrete
wut?
>>
File: 20170327_163404.jpg (829KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_163404.jpg
829KB, 2016x1512px
>>1151536
In my bunker they used a 1cm thick led plate in the concrete, works against radiation and acts as a force stopper for small drilled explosives. The concrete is between 1-4 meters thick depending on if it faces a blast wave tunnel or not.
>>
>>1152190
Is that a hall of mirrors so you can mock infiltrators?
>>
File: Cherokee1024c10.jpg (126KB, 1024x786px) Image search: [Google]
Cherokee1024c10.jpg
126KB, 1024x786px
>>1147385
>There are plenty of Hiroshima and Nagasaki surivors.

True, but that was a bomb each. Today it would be continuous saturation bombing with massively increased yields, even the far countryside would be scorched and irradiated beyond the point of possible survival.
>>
>>1152791
No-one has that many nukes. Also, see >>1148025.
>>
File: 98Oct15-14.jpg (137KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
98Oct15-14.jpg
137KB, 768x512px
>>1151083
LOL
U gonna J/O while riding ur bicycle to turn a generator ???
--> rekt thread
>>
File: emp-blast-effects1.png (287KB, 565x435px) Image search: [Google]
emp-blast-effects1.png
287KB, 565x435px
>>1142655
Stone?
WTF I don't see stone listed
Info suggests that ancient cataclysm survivors used stone structures ( and YES there is evidence of nuclear war in ancient past)

ALSO - Magnetic -- your more likely to get an EMP than nuclear blast , so steal with magnets ...on and around at least top?
>>
>>1152881
I don't understand the point of that picture. Due to the inverse square property or EM fields, 99% of that "million square miles" will be unaffected.
>>
>>1152881
>>1152885
pic basically related - but just the best I could find quickly

ppl like pics
>>
>5-10 years
You are retarded. It takes two weeks for the radiation to reach tolerable levels. Wait two months if you are worried about residual radiation.
>>
>>1147292
we watched this movie in jr. high. good shit anon.
>>
>>1145489
>shipping container
>vents

Standard containers have four small vents. One near each corner. I own three High Cube 40-foot containers and one 20-ft standard height.
>>
>>1146876
You seem to have missed the sarcasm. I wanted OP to asphyxiate.

Sarcasm aside, containers with an airlock make excellent fallout shelters. Have some military examples like the SHELTER-LAB NBC:

https://www.aris-spa.it/category/difesa/shelter/?lang=en
>>
>>1152885
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime

A 1.4Mt nuke detonated at 250 miles can cause issues 800 miles away.
>>
>>1152817
>No-one has that many nukes

They don't need that many; fallout will do the worst long term damage.
>>
>>1147550
>Fallout if your main worry.

Sure, until your clean drinking water runs out. Then when your food runs out. Then when looters & disease arrives.

Until any one of those things happen, fallout is your biggest problem. You'll look back on it and say "Man, remember the fallout? Good times."
>>
>>1151083
SSDs do not last a long time. Without power, (enterprise) SSDs will last a minimum of 3 months.
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-dc-s3500-spec.pdf

I recommend using SSDs though, not because they last some arbitrary amount of time, but because they don't use much power.

Running shit in a bunker is one of the few legitimate uses of a Raspberry Pi or other UMPC. They cost almost nothing to run.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.