[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to build with these materials?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: materials.jpg (878KB, 1076x4073px) Image search: [Google]
materials.jpg
878KB, 1076x4073px
As you can see in pic related I have all these building materials and just general crap available to me.

What do you suggest I could build with it?
I have the vague idea of wanting to build a small greenhouse or cabin/shelter(in the spot of the top first pic) that I can use to escape the distracting modern life or to relax in "outside" (hearing the birds chirp, seeing plants around, hearing people, seeing stars at night, doing writing or prayer in a distractionless/peaceful enviroment, sleeping etc.) while still being somewhat protected from the elements.
However I am open to any other suggestions that seem interesting. I might also set up some aquaponics on the outside.

Thank in advance.
>>
File: possibleIdea.jpg (644KB, 736x1246px) Image search: [Google]
possibleIdea.jpg
644KB, 736x1246px
Pic related is kind a what I have in mind.
How or where would I start in my situation.

I guess the general workplan would be this:
*Draw some blueprints/sketches
*Clean up and sort
*Lay the foundation
*Make a wireframe
*Build the walls
*Finish with roof

Anything I am missing?
I just thought of all this about 1 hour a go when I noticed how much crap I have that needs to be put to good use.
>>
Looks like a pile of garbage from a hoarder. You don't have enough of anything to build something and if you did you'd spend more time dicking around than just going to the store and buying framing lumber and sheathing.
>>
File: ShantyDwellings.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ShantyDwellings.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1142510
>Looks like a pile of garbage from a hoarder.
Yes it is.
>you'd spend more time dicking around
That is part of the fun of /diy/
>than just going to the store and buying.
My budget is 10 dollar. Why else would I come to /diy/?

I am pretty sure I have enough material to build something useful. Even if it becomes a simple shanty or shack.
>>
File: 1468884531162.jpg (3MB, 4092x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1468884531162.jpg
3MB, 4092x2304px
>>1142504
I see raised beds in your future.
>>
>>1142530
This. you got the makings for a nice garden set up OP. i don't think you got enough for a full on greenhouse, but you can probably make a hotbox or two.
>>
>>1142530
Awesome! This looks really cool. I will get started tommorrow.
>>
>>1142504
Make some full trash cans

Get some contractor bags and start filling them up.

Put an ad on craigslist for the bricks, a dollar a piece or 90 cents a piece if they buy them all.

Money from bricks will pay for the bags and a case of beer. Youll probably still have a bag leftover to wrap around your head.
>>
>>1142504
My mind goes towards a brick throne, use the wire mesh table as the seat and the small wooden table as the back. You could likely salvage enough cloth and stuffing from couch to make cusioning for the throne.
>>
>>1142579
>Make some full trash cans
beat me to it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170310-180802.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170310-180802.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>1142504
Those clear fridge trays make great organizers too. Got a garage full of them.
>>
>>1142504
A cuck den
>>
>>1142530
Nice one ,mate.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.