[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how to fix tears in the crotch of a pair of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Does anyone know how to fix tears in the crotch of a pair of jeans?

I only own four or five pairs of jeans and every single one of them has a blown out crotch. I don't know why this shit happens, I'm /fit/ so its not like my thighs are rubbing together an unnecessary amount.

Any tips on how to fix this?
>>
you are asking a question and posting the solution to your question.

tear in denim = patch it.

Just get to it quick before a lot of material is shredded, like your image. Get a heavy needle and denim thread from any hobby store (get the mottled denim/blue thread if you want to blend it in better than the golden)

Insert a patch made of more denim, either bought or donated from a pair of pants that is too damaged. Goodwill/thrift shops can be a good source for color-matching, sometimes. Sew it. The end.
>>
>>1142347
>wash jeans or lightly wash around the tear
>trim up the fabric around the hole
>sew patch over tear

Ideally you'd like to catch the rips before they become rips and just reinforce them by stitching over the thread-bare spots a bunch. that's just something to keep in mind for the future. inspect your jeans periodically for thread-bare spots or rips.
even if you are /fit/, the crotch/inner thigh is a high friction point for everyone. combine that with daily sweat and long periods of no-wash (if you're a raw denim guy) it can easily become a tear
>>
Put your patch inside the pants, then with loose stitches to hold pants to patch get the pant seams folded back together and in place. that way the outside of your pants will look as normal as possible. Do this as soon as the hole begins. Crotch fabric gets lots of wear because of all the stretch to the fabric caused by walking.
>>
I screwed up -- after you get the patch and the pants secured together by loose stitches, then go down the original seam lines and stitch all the way past the patch into where the cloth is good -- do small stitches for this. Do it more than once if you want to be really strong with the patch. Good luck.
>>
>>1142347

Epoxy a patch in place, or do exactly like in your picture...

As long as you're sewing, consider doubling up the inside of the crotch.

When it comes to splitting the crotch I had the same problem. When it's time to replace them, get some gusseted ones instead, I find that extra bit of cloth does wonders, and your boys won't be as cramped.
>>
>>1142393
Any particular adhesive/epoxy you would suggest? Not OP but always have this problem with every set of jeans and I'm not the most confident in sewing to the compromised material in the area.
>>
>>1142398

It was a joke based on an old AVE video m8, please don't patch your pants with epoxy.
>>
The secret is a diamond gusset.
They stopped putting them on pants because it's cheaper. The problem is that now you have 4 seams (the legs, butt, and crotch) all coming together at one phenomenally weak point.
I have t-rex legs, so I already have to have my jeans tailored and it's an extra 12 bucks a pair to add a gusset. . See if your local tailor can gusset them for you.
>>
to everyone saying sew on a patch:

Crotch wears out in my jeans every few years, ive tried various methods to repair them because I got tired of throwing out otherwise good pants

pretty much every "sew on patch" and "reinforce thinning areas by weaving in new thread" is just a temp fix and the issue continues to worsen until the repair fails, the only option like this that has ever worked for me is to make EXTREMELY large, thick, ugly patch jobs.

I believe this is because the area of compromised area is MUCH larger than what you can actually see, and continues to deteriorate until a new area fails. Patches and re-sew jobs have only ever bought me a half years extra time at beset

the best solution I've found is to clean up the damaged zone (remove dangling threads/material, frayed tips, etc) to be as inconspicuous as possible, then use a donor pair of jeans to create an inner layer of pants at the crotch zone, and sew/glue it in with liquid stitch. Make the inner layer extremely large, almost like wearing a pair of shorts, but just the crotch/inner thigh area. you can sew it into place along the already existing seams and/or apply liquid stitch to the more damaged zones(warning, whatever area you use liquid stitch on will become permanently firm, like if glue spilled onto the fabric)

This allows the donor fabric to take the stress off the deteriorating material while hiding the fix very well, without making it look like a horrid, ugly patch job. It also conceals and secures from further damage, as the weakening material wont directly effect the inner layer (where if you sew on a patch around the visable damaged zone, the border of the original material will continue to fail along the perimiter of the sewn in patch)
>>
>>1142410
Eh, I don't know what crazy jive you seamstresses use for glues when they're applicable.
>>
>>1142413
Nice to see someone who knows what they are talking about....

>+1
>>
>>1142416
>glue
sew it
unless you literally never wash your pants, the glue will come out

you'll want to use a proper sewing machine though, and look up the correct way to line a pair of pants. it's tricky to describe without pictures. I have an old pair of jeans from when I was a wood cutter that I sewed some winter fleece in as a lining. top comfy, also remarkably good protection against wood chip spray.
>>
>>1142347
>I'm /fit/
Stop doing squats in your jeans.
>>
Z? that was some nice ass denim too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lag1bXylX00
>>
File: gusset.jpg (83KB, 494x205px) Image search: [Google]
gusset.jpg
83KB, 494x205px
>>1142347
G•U•S•S•E•T
>>
>>1142413
>>1142393
>>1142418
>>1142451

Gusset bros know what's up. Try it once and you will never go back to traditional jeans.
>>
get a smaller dick
>>
>>1142398
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVzjYq4ZJZ8
>>
>>1142347
get iron on patches from walmart, sewing is for bitches
>>
>>1142425
there is literally a product called "Liquid stitch" that is essentially a white glue that cures clear.

I've used it on various clothing, it does not wash out

Also I would suggest doing both sew + liquid stitch
>>
>>1142451
This, or buy new pants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXj1gn8YIAc
>>
levis should have a guarantee
>>
Wear looser jeans, fagboi.

Not kidding.
>>
>>1142685
It helps put off the inevitable, but when you have large quads its still going to happen sooner rather than later.
>>
I think OP manspreads too much.
>>
>>1142685
No
He needs to wash his pants more

Crotch blowout occurs much much faster in dirty pants.
Raw Denim pants routinely have crotch blowouts, its just a fact of life with them. And they use some of the most expensive and high quality denim out there
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.