[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lighting a logo.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 20170309_202849.jpg (495KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170309_202849.jpg
495KB, 2048x1152px
I'm experimenting, looking to build custom lights in the near future for desk, walls shelving. everywhere.

I mocked up my logo for the 1st time with copper wire soldered together, not sure where to go from here. The only thing i can think of right now is cutting copper wires and putting them as a pattern inside shapes, the cast in resin and shine leds thru it. Any one have a good suggestion? Also lighting general!
>>
Route it out of a thin sheet of wood and back light it?
>>
>>1142289
>Cut pieces out of material of your choosing
>Mount material of your choosing with single peg of some sort in the middle of the piece
>Run led lighting on the backside of the piece around the edges, but far enough from edges that you can't see it
>Run wiring for led down side of peg it's mounted on and through whatever you mount the entire piece on
>Easy backlit raised logo
>>
File: Screenshot_20170313-134906.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-134906.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>1142289
Etched plexiglass or acrylic?

If so get a good dremel. Adjustable speed is key. Like not hi lo medium i mean 10 settings or variable knob. Use a practice piece to get a "feel" for it and have a plan to hide fuck ups. gently blow the shit out of your way as it scratches easy as fuck. Print out your shit, trace it, throw an smd led strip around it. Alpena (max) led are blinding and a good deal if you get 2 packs on amazon.

Really though i was onto something until all of the chads with snc and lazer machines caight on. Feels badman...
>>
>>1142289
I suggest that you redesign your logo. It doesn't look very nice or recognizable.

Also a backlit logo, with your main subject being the negative, won't look like your logo at all unless your logo is extremely wide, like 2-3 inches at a viewing distance of about 30 feet.
>>
>>1144107

I'm with this guy about the logo.

You could try (even if its just for fun) to make the same general shape with less (maybe thicker) lines.
It'll make the logo a bit easier on the eyes.
>>
>>1144073
Mask off the plexiglass and sandblast it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170315-132357.png (952KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170315-132357.png
952KB, 1080x1920px
>>1144274
Good call.

I did this but shit quality blaster. Its hard to keep the work even and it gets hot quickly. With a little practice rhough a vinyl decal and sandblaater is aces.

Actually talked to a guy online that makes lile 600k a year AFTER EXOENSES AND TAXES doing this with aluminum oxide at 300psi on glass and shit. Does custome marble floor and tile etching and shit in millionairs homes. No idea who dude was bit shit similar to link is fucking legit... and it dont scratch if a moth labds on it. https://youtu.be/VS4EMRUhq-Y
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.