[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys my blower motor in my car stopped working so i took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-03-08 11.32.42.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-08 11.32.42.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
hey guys my blower motor in my car stopped working so i took it it apart. could this be the issue? this is fine isnt it?
>>
File: 2017-03-08 11.33.30.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-08 11.33.30.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
i dont know why this would be a problem, maybe its the bearings or the brushes?
>>
They are worn, but good enough.

You of course checked the fuse and made sure power was getting to the motor before you tore its shit apart.. Right?
>>
Most of the time when I see a blower motor issues it's the blower motor resistor that is separate from the motor.
>>
>>1142112
>>1142114
oh this thing has been one foot in the grave since i got the car a few weeks ago. i had to bitch slap the kick panel every time restart the car to get it to spin again. finally crapped out yesterday driving to the post office at -35 which was awesome, luckily its only like 5 miles away. i popped it out which luckily takes exactly 8 minutes and gave it direct power from my 35 amp 12 volt power supply and it wouldn't rotate even if i spin start it (220 watt motor so 35 amps is more than enough) so i gutted it, saw this, clipped the windings for my melt bucket, tossed the rest, and ordered a new one for $40
>>
>>1142109
holly shit, this commutator is toasted anon
post pic of the brushes

>inb4 they are slabs of steel niggerrigged as brushes
>>
>>1142117
trash was already hauled away but they were still intact and they did have a decent bit of meat still on them which begs the question why it would rape the bars rather than the brushes. then again its a 30.5 year old car and this was very likely the original blower or maybe its 2nd from 10-15 years ago
>>
>>1142118
if that's the original blower, there's no way the brushes to still "have meat on them"
someone probably changed them with harder grade at some point or shit like that
the original brushes could never fuck up the commutator that bad
>>
>>1142119
like i said it may have been replaced at some point i have no idea. either way its all in the trash and a new one is on the way.
>>
>>1142120
you could try to grind the commutator down evenly on a lathe, then polish it for the heck of it, tho...
>>
>>1142123
>i gutted it, saw this, clipped the windings for my melt bucket, tossed the rest, and ordered a new one for $40
>>
I had the same issue OP and I wasted money on buying a new blower motor. Check the relay first.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.