[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY whole house scent "machine"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1464844765172.png (40KB, 590x369px) Image search: [Google]
1464844765172.png
40KB, 590x369px
Thinking about a bottle of scented oil with some wicks hanging out somewhere in the ducts
Question is where should I put it?
In the air return (before the filter and heat exchangers) or after?
If I put it in the return (way easier), will the oils create some sort of deposits on the downstream parts or not?
Anyone tried something like this?
>>
>>1141723
Also, can anyone recommend a scent?
Orange seems to be the easiest to find and cheapest but it might be too strong ...
>>
God you just reminded me of that scene from Harold and Maude with the smell machine.
>>
>>1141723
no scent is best scent

hiding/masking smells just makes things worse
>>
I'd put something like an oil lamp wick in the downstream side... You can get all kinds of essential oils online you'll want to change smell with the season for most effect
>>
Best way is to simply put a scented oil in the home and allow it to permeate after several days. Placing it in the ducts will likely just be too much work for too little return.
>>
a diy way to make your house smell like machines...i like it

id will start with a small jar of waylube oil in the bathroom and work from there

instead of scented candles, switch to burning metal shavings and sawdust
>>
>>1141906
I said
>scent "machine"
not
>"machine" scent

>>1141883
my intention was to have a (relatively) uniform smell throughout the house
for that I either have to do something in each room OR to do something with the HVAC
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.