[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello 4chings Anybody ever encourtered this? I bought one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: analcavity.jpg (121KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
analcavity.jpg
121KB, 700x700px
Hello 4chings

Anybody ever encourtered this?

I bought one of these rgb strips to put in my bimmer, you know the halo's angel eyes call them however you want.

The problem is the strips arent changing color when i press the buttons. I can turn it on and off

But the rest of the functions are dead.

Did i fuck up the wiring?

I am a poor slav and i aint got a phone with a decent camera to take real pictures so id appreciate some random advice on where to look for the problem.
>>
>>1141611
you bought a red color one
>>
File: niceslitthot.jpg (92KB, 501x503px) Image search: [Google]
niceslitthot.jpg
92KB, 501x503px
>>1141613
That would be the obvious answer, but the thing is that picture is just semi-related.

The strips themselves are RGB

Picture maximum related
>>
>>1141614
it could be the controller or power supply
>>
>>1141615
You are saying the controller might be broken?
I mean i could dissasemble it and put it back together and see if it starts working all of sudden.

I dont believe the power supply would stop it from switching colors, the first color it has upon turning on (white) allways works, i cannot switch beyond that.

Maybe im just a retard and missing something obvious.
>>
>>1141616
obviously nobody can help you since you can't take a picture, maybe you should return it and get another one
>>
>>1141611
Did you pull the plastic tab out from the battery in the controller?
>>
>>1141618
Yea, hence why i can turn it off & on, the color changing is what doesnt work.

>>1141616
>>
If you bought it from a legit shop, return it for a new one. If not, you might have gotten ripped off. In the latter case, try opening it up and send pictures of the circuit board
>>
File: 10866-01.jpg (116KB, 1189x598px) Image search: [Google]
10866-01.jpg
116KB, 1189x598px
>>1141611
take a close look at the leds, if they are RGB as advertised you should see three led modules in each one (left part in pic related)
if they are red only you will only see one module in each component (right part in pic related)

if you have actual RGB leds open up the controller and continue trouble shooting in there
>>
you put too much power to led lights. happened to me years ago, when i tried to do something similar to a small automatic color changing led light. when i set too much power to it only red light was on all the time. when i reduced the power automatic light changing started working again. test the output power on the cables, i'm sure that's the problem.
>>
>>1141629
>set too much power

explain?

Theres only as much as 12 volts but im no electrician.

>>1141628
This is a good guess, il look into it.
>>
Those cheap chink controller units are pretty shit, if you have no means of diagnosing the circuit and know no one to do it for free, you should probably just order another one. Or if you're fine with a single color you can just cross the wires to get red, green or blue.
>>
>>1141611
Your voltage increases to 13 something with the car on and alternator running. Get a multimeter and check that and amperage. I dont know how you wired it but ill go ahead and assume to the headlights which i would do or stand alone. If the control unit/remote receiver gets too much power they tend to act screwy. You can get and inline resistor at any auto parts store made for led installs. Hope this helps
>>
>>1141629
>>1141638
>>1141664
this. i'll try to explain: i wanted to wire a small led colorchanging light to AC with universal converter. don't remember exact numbers of output, but i remember playing with output power of AC/DC converter. when i set the output above the normal battery power, the colorchanging stopped and only the red light inside the circut was lit. when i reduced the power the changing started again. sorry for my autistic explanation, not a native english speaker
>>
>>1141688
>>1141664

That actually makes sense
>>
>>1141611
well to start if you put that shit in your car you are fucking retarded
even 3rd world countries have rules and regulations for vehicle lighting for good reason. its bad enough putting up with cyclists flashing coloured lights and projector car headlights looking like they flash at you when they hit a pothole or a bump without this kind of stupidity.
especially red lights. if you put red lights on the front of your vehicle then fucking god help you how are you alive because you must be too retarded to breathe.
>>
>>1141611
different LED diodes have different voltage max ratings. this is compensated for by adding pull up resistors so that the function at similar brightness. you likely blew out blue and green because the diode of those can only handle max 6 volts. I blow them out on circuit boards all the time so I usually use red ones for testing.
>>
>>1141702
It's not to replace your headlights, it's a an accent to make your car look like it has eyes, and some cars have them as a factory option. BMW started the whole thing with the 5 series.
>>
>>1142335
I don't know what the laws are like in our 3rd world country, but in the US, certain light colors are only allowed in certain positions, and sometimes not at all. Red lights are only placed on the rear. You will never see red lights anywhere else. Blue lights are prohibited and only allowed on law enforcement vehicles. At some point, you will eventually run into a cop who's anal enough to ticket you for it.
>>
>>1142402
this
also-
>>1141611 I key bmws whenever I can, because bmw drivesr are all douches who drive and park like entitled shitheads
>>
Tы pyccкий OП ??
>>
>>1142403
You seem like a reasonable person and not douchy at all
>>
>>1141638
Cars go up to 14,5V
>>
>>1143568
My 93 Dodge Stealth has a gauge for 16v
>>
>>1142402
I keep seeing assholes with purple or green headlights
Pisses me off every time
>>
>>1143645
I saw a car with red sidelights last week.
Pretty fucking retarded, people are going to think your driving away from them not towards them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.