[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Connecting a turntable to an amp with bluetooth/FM radio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: turntable.jpg (102KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
turntable.jpg
102KB, 500x333px
I live in a dorm room. Pretty tight on space. I have a turntable, preamp, amp, and speakers. I know that the turntable and speakers shouldn't be on the same surface, but that causes me a problem. If they're not on the same surface, they have to be across the room from one another. I don't particularly feel like running a 25 foot RCA cable across my room, so I want to use bluetooth or FM radio.

Would it be a better idea to connect my preamp's RCA out to a 3.5mm FM transmitter and listen to it through the FM radio of my amp, or to use bluetooth instead? Should I buy premade parts off Amazon and just connect them up or is this practical to wire myself? This is /diy/, after all.

Thanks for the help everyone!
>>
>>1141209
>dorm room
>turntable

stop being a nigger and use a smartphone like everyone else in 2017
>>
>>1141213
he posted a 1200 but, the kids OK.
OP, would not FM Transmitter in a dorm, you gonna interfere (or get interfered with) something, guaranteed. BT, better quality, less interference. Just buy some chinese shit (sender/receiver), its all the same - then, you can also use BT headphones etc. if needed.
>>
>>1141240
Okay. I'm a novice at bluetooth, how would I connect my turntable/amp to a bluetooth transmitter? My turntable and amp both use RCA

>inb4 solder it

I know to solder it, but all the schematics I've found for transmitters use single TX out and single RX in, and RCA is split left/right.
>>
Dude, either use a proper cable or ready to use Bluetooth adapter. If you are into music both should be worth it.
Also you could decouple the speakers from the surface using foam or something alike.
>>
>>1141267
25 foot RCA is nothing, just get a stage grade cable and solder the plugs yourself
>>
File: chinese_shit_with_adapters.jpg (36KB, 463x443px) Image search: [Google]
chinese_shit_with_adapters.jpg
36KB, 463x443px
>>1141267
>Just buy some chinese shit
dunno what you trying to solder here (or why.. ;) but, if you insist, find the /ohm/ thread, ask there. YMMV. Otherwise, and as >>1141273 also rightly noted, not much point re-inventing the wheel here - a lot of complete BT audio dongles will come with RCA adapters, if not, can add - BT adapters with RCA already are usually multiples of the price of cheap crap, usually, with little difference. Its wireless transmitted audio, audiophile quality (esp. in a dorm room) got left behind a few streets back.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.