[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any electrical/electronical engineer here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1601.png (552KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1601.png
552KB, 512x768px
Hi, I'm making a new project to make myself some money.
I'm junior engineer and I'm trying to figure out how much will cost production of my sensors.
INFOS:
>The estimation sells are 20k sensors
>One MCU STM32 and it's own components (res, capa)
>One battery
>One battery charger

That's all for the costy parts.

I plane on buy out from china those PCB with component soldered on it.
Is it a good idea? How could I contact a PCB maker in China?

Any tips or advices. I'm really new to this. How would you do?
>>
Ask your senior engineer.
Or just Google assembly houses (in your own country or in China) and ask how much their full service, including components, PCBs and all, costs.

>Any tips or advices.
4chan isn't really a place for this.
>>
Look up component industries and pickup the phone or send emails.

>Any tips?

Sounds like you require advice from a business perspective and not an engineering perspective.
>>
>>1140664
In my previous company where they design their own PCB, the "main" hardware engineer was making BOM but I don't get where the prices/unit could come from.

Is the PCB manufacturer the only one to provide component @ his price or could I find a best price in my country and make them send to factory?

I'm kinda good for prototyping but I'm very bad at managed a large number of PCB board.
>>
>>1140671
Yes, you can shop around to find the cheapest PCB maker. Same with the stencil maker. You can also buy all the components by yourself and send them to the factory.
Or you can just send the required documents to the assembly house and ask them to do everything. Certainly it costs more, but you seem to need all the possible help.
>>
>>1140713
>>1140713
The production start is planned on december 2017 at the better. But I am already thinking about the cost and I am asking not to seems dumb with manufacturer.

Thank for the info
>>
If you went to one manufacturer, then you would be stupid, unless you have been through this process before.

You call, state your requirements and timeline, they place a bid.
>>
Post your gerber files and BOM. Also small run like 20k units is the size of volume for a small contract manufacture. Price will vary by the production companies abilities (manufacturing tolerances, pre-testing, automation.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.