[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well pump started leaking at this circled fitting, how fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pump.jpg (147KB, 555x986px) Image search: [Google]
pump.jpg
147KB, 555x986px
Well pump started leaking at this circled fitting, how fucked am I?

I assume I can just replace the fitting pieces but how to I get the fucking mess of pipes apart?
>>
>>1140296
>how to I get the fucking mess of pipes apart?
Pipe wrench.
>>
>>1140296
Looks like fairly new piping. Did u use pipe dope when you assembled?
>>
>>1140314
I didn't assemble it, was there when I move in 6 years ago.
>>
>>1140321
Ok, well you could try wrapping it with silicone tape for a quick fix but if that doesnt work you will have to unscrew the pipe, retape and pipe dope it. Just make sure to hold both sides of the joint with wrenches so that only the pipe you want out moves. Otherwise all joints in that contraption are at risk of springing a leak
>>
From your pic, it looks like someone assembled the metal fittings then started glueing the PVC together. You can't just take that apart without breaking something.

On the right theres a union in the pipe that runs behind the pump, get another one of those. Then you can cut the vertical PVC pipe above the rusty part, that'll free up the rest of it so you can spin it off and disassemble whatevers leaking. Then when you're done use the union to reconnect the PVC and not have this problem next time you need to work on this.
>>
File: 1488757927113.jpg (153KB, 555x986px) Image search: [Google]
1488757927113.jpg
153KB, 555x986px
>>1140328
Pretty much what he said, and throw all that galvanized shit in the trash and just go back with PVC
>>
>>1140314
>Asks if there is pipe dope
>Photo shows a shit load of pipe dope
>>
>>1140296
Disconnect the PVC to the left of your meter and take the T out. Might rotate it, might have to take the top off then the vertical pipe. Clean and redope that pipe. 2 hours with drying time
>>
Ok I guess I will slice that pipe and then go to work.

I turned the pump off and let the hose run till it stopped, so there should be little pressure in that pipe or what?

How do I re-prime the pump once its all back together?
>>
>>1140328
PVC fitting by the gauge looks threaded. should be able to just remove it then the metal fittings. at least those fittings look fairly new. mine were about 30 years old and i had to cut all of them and pretty much rebuilt all plumbing around the pump
>>
>>1140379
Pipe dope dries yellow retard
>>
>>1140447
he's talking about the teflon tape you stupid motherfucker
>>
>>1140447
No it doesn't.
My company uses gray pipe dope, it dries and it still looks gray.
Retard.
>>
>>1140381
I can't see one on the pic but there should be a nut you can take off the top to dump water in. If not unthread that 6 inch nipple under that metal T and dump it in through there.
>>
>>1140296
The threads on the pump are probably slightly rotted.
>>1140338
Do this

Then reassemble with tons of teflon tape AND pipe dope if the nipple seems good still. If the nipple is bad, replace with a new nipple.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.