[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Shelving General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: GORILLA RACK.png (198KB, 441x606px) Image search: [Google]
GORILLA RACK.png
198KB, 441x606px
Recently moved into a new room that has no shelves (Spoiler: can't install anything on the walls) so I thought of picking up a few of these 'Gorilla Racks'.

I saw however that they were made of particle board which is horrible if wet.

What's the best way to waterproof them? Also feel free to talk about shelves and storage solutions
>>
>>1139605

make your own from 2x4 and plywood
>>
>>1139605
You could paint them with an exterior grade paint
But first you need to paint them with a wood sealer.
Or you could just cover them with plastic shelf-paper and try not to soak them.
>>
>>1139608
This.

I ripped treated 2x4s to 2x2s or thereabouts and built mine using those with proper cross-bracing of course. Of course the weight on them isn't like engine parts or anything, just terracotta plants with soil. Which is a bit heavy.
>>
>>1139614
>cover them with plastic shelf-paper and try not to soak them

came here to post this
>>
>>1139655
>came here to post this
Why?
I mean at least (you) could have provided some context or content.
>>
>>1139811
>Why?
It's simple, effective, inexpensive, and doesn't require any tools.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (62KB, 673x1000px)
s-l1600[1].jpg
62KB, 673x1000px
>>1139605
Got this a few weeks ago
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131809601934
Really sturdy (without using the wheels) and it looks really nice. Thinking about getting a couple more and putting them side by side.
>>
File: corn flakes.gif (892KB, 240x192px)
corn flakes.gif
892KB, 240x192px
>>1139605
You moved into a room. And you need shelves. So you naturally want metal garage shelves.
But you can't, because they will get wet. In your room. Where you live.
With your garage shelves.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.