[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: samsung_galaxy_s5_blue_screen-1.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
samsung_galaxy_s5_blue_screen-1.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
Hello /diy/,
My phone is dead..
I assembled Samsung Galaxy S5 from two broken ones, one of which was water damaged, but screen worked fine. The other one had a fully working phone except the OLED display. The first time I assembled this phone, I didn't fasten the screws thight enough and the camera didn't work. I didn't really care and I used it for half a year in daily use. Recently, I reassembled it, replaced front camera and the back camera from water damaged one. I tested the two before and these did work fine, but after this recent reassembly, my phone literally died. At first, it displayed greenish Samsung logo and it slowly faded away. I thought, that it was a display connection issue, so I made sure, it's properly connected. Then I held the power button down for a minute (Sometimes, it fixes hardware issues) and then inserted the battery again and switched it on. It seemed normal at first, but as soon as the yellow text "warranty bit void" apoeared, it quickly switched off. I was scared and I quickly removed the battery and I've tried reassembling again and then powering on but with no luck.
Is it static electricity damage?
>>
>>1139127
>I did shit
>Is it X?

No one will be able to tell you because no one is able inspect the fucking thing over the internet. It could be a million different things.
>>
>>1139129
What should I try? How to diagnose it?
>>
>>1139130
Try another battery and see if it is battery

If it is not then meter all the connections and check for broken ribbon cables

if it the cables or battery is good then there could be broken solder in the board, put into oven to reflow

if that doesn't fix it, then it is dead
>>
Uhh... Put the old camera back in. If you NEED the camera, update the firmware and try again. Manufacturers change shit all the time, did you check for manufacturing dates and hardware changes?
>>
The phone will turn on without camera. Green fading simptom is usualy faulty display power supply chip on mainboard. If message is "warranty bit void 0x00" then the phone is OK , if it is "warranty bit void 0x01" then the phone is rooted or memory coruption in (try uploading new software/firmware).
>>
Lol I think we have the same problem op
Same phone
Didn't want to charge one day
Was really disappointed
I would hook it up and try to charge
It did but really fuuuuking slow
Try to charge it like for a couple days
Lol a week later the phone turned back to normal Idk what could of been
I suggest u put it back together to ur original malfunctioned phone and charge it over night couple days
>>
And I'm still using this same phone
>>
>>1139508
There may be no point in adding new firmware as it worked before. Although if it really is a memory corruption and the bootloader is fine then I could easily fix it.
A few days ago I reassembled this phone, tried turning it on again and it had the same greenish display issue again.
And will this phone work without the charging port board?
>>
I was going to do the same
Open it and get a new charing port on my s5
But I decided to leave it charging over night a couple nights and it started to work fine without issue
Weird circumstance
>>
There is another option
When u open the battery cover on your s5
There's a slot for a attachment that goes inside and cover almost the whole back of u r phone you put back the cover and you can charge your phone wireless
I've looked into too but mehhh.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.