[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What work gloves does /diy/ use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 21

File: 51zpSGfim+L.jpg (46KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
51zpSGfim+L.jpg
46KB, 500x478px
What work gloves does /diy/ use?
>>
>>1139052
I shill Mechanix gloves more than I should simply because of all the gloves I've ever tried on, they fit my hands 100%.
>>
I have a few pairs of Hardy from horror fraught, they fit well and theyre cheap enough that i dont worry about if i lose them, like when i caught one on fire.
>>
>>1139052
A left handed welding glove to grab and move hot pieces, and a bare right hand because I don't care for preservation of my soft baby hands
>>
>>1139052
Make sure the match your purse, op.
>>
File: nitras.jpg (71KB, 600x572px) Image search: [Google]
nitras.jpg
71KB, 600x572px
Cheap nitras mechanic gloves.

More to prevent your hands from getting dirty as fuck and provide some extra grip than protect your hands from getting cut up.

Also because they cost less than a buck a pair you can use em as throw away items
>>
>>1139101
>he thinks gloves are for protection
top kek
>>
File: shopping.jpg (9KB, 232x160px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
9KB, 232x160px
>>1139052
These suckers right here
>>
>>1139052
Cheap.
I have probably 50 pairs just in my car. When I see gloves on sale I buy a few pairs so I always have an excess.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
maxiflex, best gloves of the type
>>
File: SkytecThermal.jpg (101KB, 321x560px) Image search: [Google]
SkytecThermal.jpg
101KB, 321x560px
These for gardening when it's cold, keep your hands really warm. Supposedly they're good down to -50C
>>
>>1139753
this
>>
File: Raven_Nitrile.jpg (126KB, 1200x685px) Image search: [Google]
Raven_Nitrile.jpg
126KB, 1200x685px
Depends. If I'm going to be around a lot of chemicals, paints, general filth that I do not want to touch my skin I use the Ravens. In my 20+ years I've never found a better disposable.
>>
File: Mechanix_Mpact.jpg (106KB, 512x918px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanix_Mpact.jpg
106KB, 512x918px
If I'm doing a lot of heavy, rough work, or the type of work that will quickly destroy any rubber gloves(or you do not use because the rubber may get caught in the work), I use the Mechanix Mpact gloves.

But, I am not brand loyal if someone comes out with something better.
>>
File: tillman.jpg (16KB, 292x320px) Image search: [Google]
tillman.jpg
16KB, 292x320px
>>1139052
I use kevlar-lined Tillman gloves like pic related. The kevlar is nominally there for cut protection, but it adds enough insulation to make handling hot work or high-amperage welding nicer than non-lined gloves.
>>
>>1139052
I have testicles so I don't require gloves for my poor widdle handsies.
>>
>>1140066
>wanting hands so rough that it feels you're jerking off with sandpaper
>>
>>1140066
>I do woman work so I don't require gloves for my poor widdle handsies.
FTFY

Try welding thick shit without gloves and see how that works out for you.
>>
>>1140069
I restore old motorcycles. After a busy period my hands are so rough and calloused I don't need a monkey wrench or any open ended spanner over 12mm. Just pinch and turn. Gf says no fingering without limestone grinder and lotion for an hour or two.
>>
File: stihl.png (403KB, 510x443px) Image search: [Google]
stihl.png
403KB, 510x443px
These are breddy gud.
>>
Cheepo coated cut resistant. Coated for grip, cut resistant so the finger tips don't blow blow out.
>>
>>1140067
> having a mutilated Jew cock that requires direct friction between hand and gland.
>>
>>1140085
idk why you would be proud of that. take care of your hands you fucking weirdo
>>
>>1140183
>m-muh manliness
>p-pussy
>>
I liked my last pair of basic Carhartt gloves and a pair of Ironclad gloves that I replaced the Carhartts with. Since than I've mostly switched to the disposable rubber coated cloth gloves for material handling and nitrile ones for everything else. I'm probably going to switch back to the Carhartts.

Does anyone have a recommendation for insulated gloves that don't kill your dexterity?
>>
File: ko-g-1072_1.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ko-g-1072_1.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
superior comfort and protection cant go wrong with a pair of rakutens
>>
>>1139052
None
>>
I am employed as a bricklaying labourer and i rarely wear gloves, but when i do i wear those tight white string gloves. I go through a pair a day maybe. $6 for a dozen pairs is what i pay
>>
i have a couple pair of ninja gloves. one insulated, one non. and a pair of calve skin insulated for rough work. i just thin mechanix type gloves for in between.
>>
File: WW calgon.jpg (99KB, 776x415px) Image search: [Google]
WW calgon.jpg
99KB, 776x415px
>>
>>1140085
that made me laugh way more than it should have
>>
File: hands.png (2MB, 2390x1299px) Image search: [Google]
hands.png
2MB, 2390x1299px
>>
>>1140085
>I restore old motorcycles.

Which is easy, light work. Lots of knowledge and research required but those don't beat up your hands.

I use nitrile gloves because cancer is bad and because they are insanely convenient compared to degreasing your skin. They make it much easier not to get shit where it doesn't belong.

Good to here about Kevlar-lined Tillmans. I use their other gloves and like them.
>>
>>1139148
What are they for then? fashion? I have always thought of gloves as some form of protection. protection not just from cuts or bruises, but protection from heat, cold, grease, and many other things.
>>
>>1140085
/diy/ gets more retarded by the day.
>>
I like the ansel nitrile dipped cut/abrasion resistant ones, got a lined and unlined pair in my truck.

If I'm doing really rough work, or am playing operateur, I pull on my mechanix gloves.
>>
>>1139052
None because I don't like having penises in my anus.
>>
>>1140150
>having a cheesedick
>>
>>1141811
>not knowing about soap
>>
>>1139787
This. I'm an epoxy flooring applicator and I love my ravens. I've run out and made a single pair last all day through screeding mortar and grinding concrete. They aren't completely stable in zylene, but handle it better than any other disposables.
>>
>>1139061
I'm with you. I'm 6'7'' and mechanic is the only company that makes an xl that's actually xl, and not just a bullshit large that's labeled "xl" to make manlets better about themselves.
>>
>>1139052

Mechanix and Plainsmen
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
These. I'm an auto mechanic, use these all day. Mostly because I don't like washing my hands, the soap is worse than the grease and shit. When I started doing only tires, the old dude that only ever did tires rec'd them because they're cheap and durable. Six pack at harbor freight only a few $ and lasts a year. I just kept using them for everything since. I get the "how do you do anything with those on" thing a lot, but i guess i just got used to it.
>>
File: 4719L-2.jpg (46KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
4719L-2.jpg
46KB, 500x314px
>>1142320
Recently started using these opposed to nothing if i have to change an oil or something though. Didn't use the leather ones because they're garbage if the get oily and couldn't use normal blue gloves because my hands sweat too much. The dude that delivers tires give them away free.
>>
I always enjoy reading comments in these kind of threads when guys try to act like they're tough because they don't use safety equipment. It's fun to think one day they'll sustain an injury or be diagnosed with cancer and think about the things they wrote on a weeb image board to sound tough to anons they'll never know.
>>
>>1141463
it feel like /b/ moved over here when the cuckening happened
>>
Tillman drivers gloves or 24C tig gloves for most things. Latex/nitrile dipped gloves for working on cars.
>>
>>1141312
You should get that tumor on your thumb looked at.
>>
File: andrew-dice-clay-01.jpg (403KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
andrew-dice-clay-01.jpg
403KB, 650x500px
>>1140547
I Imagine you look like this while working on a project.
>>
>>1139122
got em'
>>
>>1139052
I dont, unless its cold outside.
What, do you manicure your nails too?
>>
I use mechanix and put nitrile gloves over them if there is a chance they get soaked in something not nice
>>
>>1139052
Husky fingerless mechanics gloves. I'm a framer
>>
>>1139052
usually don't use gloves, to hard getting shit from your pockets
>>
>>1142376

'Ey yo, I'm workin' heah!

Welcome to mah gahrahge. Come havin' a lookit dis shit.

We got us heah some shit we needs tuh DO. Les getitahn.
>>
>>1139753
best shape/fit of any similar style I have tried

and they retain their grip for a month or two compared to cheap shit like >>1139141 which will wear its rubber coating completely off the fingers in <1 week of use
>>
>le gloves are gay meem

/diy/ was a mistake
>>
File: hk04g-20_1.jpg (77KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
hk04g-20_1.jpg
77KB, 560x420px
>>1139052
The yellow Marigolds are real comfy and have good grip. Won't wash up without them.

Also cheapest nitrile dipped gloves I can find for diy, a close fit is nice.
>>
>>1143618
You get this anywhere on online forums. Everyone thinks ppe is gay, and fucking a 36 year old thai ladyboy prostitute with 25 years of experience without a condom is "manly."
>>
File: 71vuJaS5YUL._SY355_.jpg (25KB, 296x355px) Image search: [Google]
71vuJaS5YUL._SY355_.jpg
25KB, 296x355px
I still have a very old pair of these. Best gloves I've ever owned, but I don't think they're made anymore
>>
File: Concept-TraffiGLOVEjpg.jpg (18KB, 600x231px) Image search: [Google]
Concept-TraffiGLOVEjpg.jpg
18KB, 600x231px
Been using traffiglove for about 2 years now and I've not been happier with any alternative brand. Used to use marigold fire blade kevlar gloves but they wore out too quickly.
>>
Rubber-dipped kevlar gloves marked "Home Depot Store Use". Great cut and heat resistance. They keep them in bins next to the break room. The only downside is that they're orange.
>>
>>1144230
I hear ya on these bad boys. Wish I had bought more pairs.
>>
>>1144444
>fingerless nitrile dipped gloves
>>
File: tumblr_lwhyus0mrh1qd0vs8o1_500.jpg (47KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwhyus0mrh1qd0vs8o1_500.jpg
47KB, 500x333px
>>1142376
i'm picturing more like dis
>>
>>1142320
Good on you if you can use those. Even thin nitrile gloves bother me while working on a car. However, the service manager demands it.
>>
Hello, I work with a lot of paper on a Polar guillotine cutting machine, can anyone recommend some good gloves that wont go to shit at the fingertips or get cut?
>>
Whatever I buy for my crew. Seriously. I always snatch up at least a pair for myself, and whenever someone gets fired i wash their gloves and take them home. All the sites we work have mandatory glove policies, and they have to be usually cut level 3. Comes out of the PO. I sometimes get 2 or 3 really nice pairs to "tryout." I get one, my best foreman gets one, and I usually give the best guy on the job a pair.

I don't normally wear gloves at home, only if I'm welding or brazing. If im soldering pipe I'll keep a leather left hand glove close by. Or if I'm tearing something out. I'm more afraid of my gloves getting pulled into a machine than me putting my hands in the line of fire.

Always wear safety glasses though, and ear plugs. I have very bad ears for a plethora of reasons, I don't intend to let them get worse.

I commonly run into this old greek dude who used to sandblast inside enclosed tanks and pressure vessels. He shouts at me cause he doesn't know better by this point, I shout at him cause he wouldn't hear me otherwise. I don't want to be that guy.
>>
>>1145265
My coworkers use those or latex, i cant because my hands sweat too much, get all pruned and peel. It sucks. I do use them if i have to pack a bearing or something, which is getting to be a really rare occasion.
>>
When working with stainless i don't usually wear gloves. Only when handling hot parts or during heavier welding i will put a Deerskin leather glove on my left hand. When working with regular steel i wear the thinnest gloves i can find all the time. Filthy material.
>>
>>1139788
HVAC Contractor here, I use these gloves. PHENOMENAL for working with sharp sheet metal, however I go through pairs relatively quickly (Every few months)
>>
>>1146318
No. You don't need gloves.
I was a cutter too bro, no gloves.
You gotta be able to feel the paper.
Get some O'Keefe working hands.
>>
>>1147699
Seconding that lotion.
The coolant/grease/whatever plus dust at my job dries the shit out of my hands, and it's the only stuff that works and isn't greasy.
>>
>>1139052
>What work gloves does /diy/ use?
Too late.
I burned the hell out of my hands with methylene chloride about then years ago (the gloves broke, and I didn't notice) and there's no point to protecting my hands anymore.
>>
Oh nice, I love gloves since I have bad blood circulation but I'm always outside.
Anyone know about gloves I could use to keep my hands warm in cold (-10 to-15 for a very long time, like 7-9 hours) but still allows precise use of my fingers?
Seems absurd to ask for both but since you guys seem to know about gloves...
>>
>>1139788

I use these as well. You can get them at Marshall's, Ross, TJ Max, etc for 10 dollars and they last forever.
>>
File: coolguy.jpg (119KB, 750x505px) Image search: [Google]
coolguy.jpg
119KB, 750x505px
>>1145195
>>1142376
>>1142979
>>
>>1147849
Why does he gotta make us disc golfers look like douche bags?

He's almost got it right tho, if we DID wear gloves, they would be fingerless
>>
>>1147720
Find a pair of lined nitrile/latex dipped gloves. You're not going to have anywhere near the same dexterity as bare hands or thin gloves, but they keep your hands a lot warmer than unlined gloves will and you can still grab small stuff.
>>
>>1147896
Or cut the fingertips off a pair of mittens/jersey gloves/chore gloves. They'll be a little better for dexterity, but your fingertips might get cold.
>>
Cheap pair of gardening gloves from Home Depot
>>
>>1147879
Probably because disc golfers are, and are just plebs who want to act like they play "golf" without the skill required for actual golf.

>be me
>be 8y/o at the time
>walking around local park, almost no-one disc golfs there, but there is a course literally across the whole park, ergo you have to golf through everyone else
>see Frisbee just sitting there
>sick d00d.jpg
>forget about disc golf course because no-one is pathetic enough to use it.
>wait about an hour to make sure some pleb isn't looking for it
>still there
>Loudly say, "I guess someone lost a frisbee"
>pick it up, see address and phone #, realize some pleb is golfing.
>suddenly six 25-30y/o guys run up to me yelling profanities and telling me they're going to kick my ass
>"yeah ok hank hill, fuck your shit"
>throw disc into next hole, hole in one
>these fuckers were apparently 5 over a par of 3, amazed that someone could accurately throw a Frisbee, something most anyone at my school could do.

I was also getting into real golf thanks to my grandpa. That sport takes real skill, not that frisbee bullshit.

Put a pair of gloves on and stop playing fake sports to make your inadequate self feel manly, faggot.
I'm sure your wife loves to be felt up with sandpaper every night, if you had a wife.
>>
>>1148034
Nice blog keep me updated
>>
>>1148037
Sure thing.
He died three years ago because some dumb-ass didn't call four on their driving shot.
Direct hit to the head, concussion and brain hemorrhage.

It was the one day he didn't wear his golf gloves.
PPE is important anons.
>>
Bare handed most of the time.

I usually use tools to handle the items

Though if I am dealing with caustic shit i grab them housewives rubber gloves.
>>
>>1147879
Wha? That pic is literally the most manly looking "frisbee golf" player I've ever seen, besides one big woman I saw playing once.
>>
>>1148034

>Feltup with sandpaper every night

Interestingly I normally walk around barefoot and work bare handed. I got a job for a couple months that required PPE and I was in steel toe boots and gloves for most of the day, doing less work, and I developed callouses where would normally contact the floor and when handling materials.

Since then quit job and went back walking around barefoot and pretty much have soft hands and feet again.
>>
>>1148253
I call bullshit.

If your gloves and boots make you do less work, you are using the wrong kind, badly fit, or shitty PPE.

>I quit that job
No, you didn't. You never got that job in the first place.
Stop role-playing as someone who works you fucking NEET.
>>
i just get the $20 3 pack yellow leather gloves from costco. they last forever unless you're doing masonry shit.
>>
>>1141429
Nitriles save a lot of work time which would be wasted by hand washing. They are a major efficiency boost if you are a mechanic, painter etc.
>>
File: dubquartlber.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dubquartlber.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
>>1139052
Well, since I'm a chef at Wendy's I don't need to wear gloves. I can never find ones that fit me anyway cause I'm a big guy (6'4" with a 9 inch cock)
>>
>>1147896
>>1147898
Thanks! Cutting fingertips and they'd be blue in no time but I'm searching for this nitrile lining and latex gloves, some really seem interesting
>>
>>1148281
Not him, but wew @ you
>>
>>1148034
oh did he now?
>>
>>1148281
go easy son you dont wanna tucker yourself out on your first day here.
>>
>>1139052
Cotton liners for casual work

Terra Impact if I'm actually doing something difficult
>>
>>1148281
c'mon now skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.