[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW TO Flip-Chart Easel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 160620d.jpg (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
160620d.jpg
8KB, 400x400px
So I've been drawing for a couple of years now and finally god into art school.
The problem is I need to draw (and paint) at home, I cannot always use the college's art rooms.

However, flip-charts are expensive. I was considering buying the wood parts, since it looks like a simple mechanism.

1. What can I use as a board? Wood? Which wood? Maybe that clipboard material? How can I get some?

2. The top part looks kind a complex to do it my own, since I need those specific screw-like parts.
Are those parts hard to find?
Would a pair of regular clips to the job?

Thanks guys!
>>
You can use MDF or hardboard (HDF) for the panel part. Or plywood.

I went to art school too and never used an easel. When working i would just have a sheet of plywood with a pair of small spring clamps on the top to hold the paper on. Sit on chair, bottom edge of board resting on knees, board leaning against side of table or counter or whatever was convenient.
>>
>>1138688
1. I'd use some plywood or hardboard for the board, available at the closest hardware store near you. You can sand it so that it's smooth.
2. It seems those are just two dowels, made from metal. I'd use some machine screws or something, with some nuts to hold them in place. Maybe super glue them if you want. So just buy the actual flipchart, measure how big the holes in it are and how far away they are, and buy matching screws or something.
Here's a tutorial for you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBXxAjOAu3U
>>
>>1138688
Flip chart? What is your school arts and business joint?
You mean an easel?
Yeah it will need fixings. Probably cheaper to buy it used
>>
>>1138713
I actually tried that board-on-knees trick, but it just doesn't work for me. I can't paint sitting down, I feel like my shoulder movement is always compromised (which is a real trouble when I try digital art)

MDF seems like a good choice, but I'm not really sure about where to get a piece of this size.

>>1138714
That tutorial is just marvelous, I'm embarassed I didn't find that before lol

thanks you two!
>>
>>1138726
>MDF seems like a good choice, but I'm not really sure about where to get a piece of this size.

Any big box hardware store. If they don't have the general size you want, just buy a size larger and ask them to cut it for you. They do that for free.
>>
Go to a big box store and buy a defect-grade laminate counter top (seriously, 8 footers are usually like 10-20$). Have them cut it into the shape you desire, you should have enough material for several easels. Bonus they're flat and rigid as fuck and essentially waterproof.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.