[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where would Air bubbles get trapped in this mold?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5221.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5221.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Where would Air bubbles get trapped in this mold?
>>
why are you making a weapon?

why can't you do something useful with your life?
>>
>>1138570
What direction are you pouring it from?
>>
>>1138578
From the middle of the side blade. I cut a glue stick and stuck it there. Hard to tell from that picture
>>
>>1138582
Do you have lots of vent holes at all the end points? I count at least 7 spots.
>>
>>1138577
Do you mean a prop?
>>
>>1138583
Doing that at the moment. Which direction would you pour from? This thing is an awkward shape
>>
>>1138588
I'd be tempted to pour it blade up from the center. Probably can get away with zero vents because of the curve.
>>
File: IMG_5222.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5222.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1138590
Would the resin reach this certain spike point if it's poured the way you mentioned? That's the one possible issue I see
>>
File: IMG_5222.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5222.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Sorry wrong pic
>>
>>1138591
Well there's one way to find out. If it doesn't you'd just have to carve a small riser above the area for the next pour. It's the trade off of not having 7+ risers to grind/sand down.

Also since you said resin I should point out I only know about metal casting. Your way maybe better. I'll defer this one.
>>
>>1138578
Downwards, in accordance with gravity
>>
File: casting.jpg (103KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
casting.jpg
103KB, 800x800px
>>1138570
Every corner which isn't at the bottom and also that little nub thing

I'd sprue to each corner and have a vent on either side (the E side and the Blade side) - and pour through the part which connects to the head I guess.

Maybe slope it down at a 45 or 135 degree angle like pic. Usually helps - like if you're pouring a pint you angle the glass.
>>
>>1138670
That looks like a fuck ton of wasted space
just pressurize the shit when you're pouring it in
>>
File: polearms2.jpg (84KB, 564x733px) Image search: [Google]
polearms2.jpg
84KB, 564x733px
>>1138570
>casting a poleax head
>top spike can't penetrate mail at all
>top spike is as long as the ax head
>ax head is convex
>weird trident when you could have a pickhead
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.