[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hydrogen production

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hohlschraube.jpg (25KB, 604x343px) Image search: [Google]
hohlschraube.jpg
25KB, 604x343px
Me and my friends are currently building a hydrogen produktion "machine". We are almost finished, but there is one problem left. How do we connect the pipes to the holes in the steel plates, the space between those plates is only two mm.
I already thought of putting some kind of hollow screw from the inside sticking out, to connect the tube to the inside, but I am unsure, if the screw would touch the other end. Could somebody help me ?
Please excuse my bad english
>>
need a picture or drawing of the
>hydrogen produktion "machine".

If you're building it to make a vehicle run on water, forget it.
>>
no, we´re just using it, to make gas and blow things up
>>
wait, I found a solution, nevermind
>>
>>1138403
>to make gas and blow things up
>>1138403
>blow things up

Now it's more interesting.
>>
>>1138392
It sounds like either you're using a metal housing that's too close to the stainless electrolysis plates, or the housing itself is an electrode, so a picture to clarify would be helpful. I'd also like to know what electrolyte you're using, because if you're using table salt you'll be producing chlorine instead of oxygen as well as hydrogen. If you're just siphoning off the hydrogen then that's fine, but siphoning off the perfectly stoichiometric hydroxy gas is much better for detonations, and while it will do the same thing with chlorine, I wouldn't want to be piping that sort of gas around. Recommended electrolytes include H2SO4, NaOH, and very little else. Here the H+ ions from the acid are reduced to more hydrogen gas, and the solution itself is a pretty good conductor, and the OH- ions from the base are oxidised into oxygen gas, and the solution is a mildly good conductor. If you just use pure/tap water, your generator will be very slow. If your generator has enough gas output, then you could probably run a little oxy-hydrogen torch off it, and those things can melt tungsten.
>>
>>1138396
Not op, but why? I see a lot of articles on it. Is it a scam?
>>
>>1138417
y e s
>>
>>1138417
People run the battery power to a water splitter, and feed the gas into their intake manifold to produce more power. It doesn't work because the engine has to work harder to produce that energy, like how your revs go up when you turn on the AC.
>>
>>1138451
Ah, yeah, makes sense. "Something for nothing" doesn't work. I could see it making sense if you have a fuck ton of external batteries and want to make an "electric car" but don't have an electric motor. Possibly electricity from the wall to hydrogen gas could be more efficient than gasoline. You'd probably have to have a hefty hydrogen generator though to produce hydrogen gas fast enough, or generate and store it beforehand. And even then, it may be no more cost effective than gasoline. I'd be interested in doing the math on that one though.
>>
>>1138696
You could try and use that to make an "electric combustion engine", but it probably isn't as efficient as an electric motor, and getting enough gas flow from the hydrolysis machine would require it to be large and heavy. It's essentially the opposite of a hydrogen fuel cell car. One of the big disadvantages is that you're expending energy to make oxygen gas as well as hydrogen, when you could just use the oxygen from the air, as fuel cell cars do. They're called HHO generators if you want to search it and look at deluded hippies on free energy forums.
>>
I hope you all blow yourselves up lol
>>
>>1138696
>Possibly electricity from the wall to hydrogen gas could be more efficient than gasoline.
This is one of the few sensible ways to do it with hydrogen. Lower cost, renewable energy source produces hydrogen, possibly during off-peak hours, then the car uses it as fuel.

Hydrogen, in this case, is effectively more like a battery - it is the storage medium, not an energy source.
>>
>>1138417
If they were to work then there would be nothing stopping you from turning it into a perpetual motion machine, as the product of 2H2+O2 -> 2H2O + Energy, meaning that you can take the water and put it back in the tank. In reality it takes more energy to separate H2O that what is produced during combustion.

With that out of the way, I am interested in Hydrogen production. What would be better? Electrolysis or a Chemical Reaction?

>The Hindenburg shall fly again
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.