[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Briggs and stratton mower wont start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Hey guys. I've tried several things google lists. I've taken apart the carburetor and cleaned it, put gas it in, changed the spark plug. I'm honestly not sure what's going on. It sputs for a few seconds before dying again and again. Any ideas? It has been in my shed since late last year and I just bought it that same year.
>>
>>1138351
You need to adjust the idle screw on the carb. Should be some YouTube vids to help you, can be tricky though.
>>
obtain plastic squeeze bottle with small tip
add gasoline to bottle
remove air breather cover for access to carb intake
have second person there to pull the starter after you squirt a bit of gasoline into the intake
when mower starts, keep it running by adjusting how much gasoline you keep adding
after it runs a bit it's likely to continue running without assistance long enough to start making adjustments to the H and L settings as well as the idle set screw
good luck
>>
>>1138390
>adjust the idle screw on the carb.
Start position on throttle is always above the idle setting.
The idle screw is only a factor when slowing the engine back down to 'Idle'
>>
Turns out it was something with the gas. Thanks for the help my dudes.
>>
>>1138409
Stale fuel can do that.
>>
>>1138409
Can you explain? I'm in the same boat. My dad bought a brand new mower, used it once, gave it to me. I put new gas in it and it won't run. I put gas in my truck at the same time, so what the fuck?
>>
An easy way to crank over small engines is using a power drill and socket. Of course with a lawn mower remove the blade first but just figure out the rotation of the shaft, get a socket that fits over the nut, and spin it with the drill until it turns over (ac drill is best, but I have used a piece of shit black and Decker 12v nicad drill to turn over my predator 212 more than once). Once you're satisfied on how it runs just shut it off and put it back together. This is a lot easier to work stale fuel through the system or just turn over an old stubborn engine than with 50 hand pulls.
>>
File: 22214.jpg (55KB, 282x640px) Image search: [Google]
22214.jpg
55KB, 282x640px
>>1138440
>used it once, gave it to me. I put new gas in it and it won't run
It's the gas that was left in the tank and carburetor until he gave it to you.

When storing a mower at the end of the season remove what gasoline you can from the tank.
Start the mower and let it run until it dies from lack of fuel.
When you fill with fresh gas next season remember extra priming will be necessary because it's dry.
Or use Sta_Bil
Also: It's worth the extra trouble and expense to locate a source for non-ethanol gasoline.
It's more per gallon but you aren't using enough per year to complain about the little extra.
All outdoor power equipment works better and lasts longer on 'real' gasoline.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.