[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Stealth-Force-8.0.jpg (248KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Stealth-Force-8.0.jpg
248KB, 1200x1200px
Hello DIY

I don't post in fa/ because they do not know what manual labour means

I'm a metalworker/welder and I really need a new pair of shoes. So, what is for you the absolute god tier work shoes ?

Bonus if ankle boots

Pic related, my magnum that I use for hiking, can't use them at work because no security shell
>>
>>1138332
Check out the Timberland PRO series. Lotta options but all are comfortable and sturdy
>>
those are piss poor hiking boots, stop doing that
>>
Only sensible option is Blundstones. Everything else is a piece of shit and made in China
>>
File: elten safety boots.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
elten safety boots.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>1138332
Lovely feels, feet don't get sweaty, no pain in ankles and knees, good water resistance, almost like wellies
>>
File: Untitled.png (44KB, 371x282px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44KB, 371x282px
>>1138508
>>
>>1138332
Timberland PRO series. Best boots i have ever owned. No fatigue at the end of the day. Feet feel good enough to be able to enjoy walks after work. 200$ boots but when the day comes i will be more than happy to pay that again. Most boots ive tried just absolutely destroy my feet. Not the PRO series.
>>
File: 2206.jpg (171KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2206.jpg
171KB, 1500x1500px
>>1138332
Welder here. I wear Red Wing 2206es (http://redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2206-red-wing-shoes/2206-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-brown). Solid leather enclosure built to prevent sparks from finding their way inside, built-in very comfortable insole, brass fittings that won't mar steel. They're the most comfortable footwear I've ever had for standing for long periods (good wool socks make them comfortable in all weather). Give them some Tuff Toe and kevlar laces, and they're good for a long time.
>>
>>1138680
Also, the soles are stitched on. Meaning that when they wear out (the sole will wear out before the rest of the boot if you take care of it), they can be replaced without having to buy a whole new boot.
>>
I use Justin's Original work boot. Absolutely love them. No laces/tongue for shit to fall in or on, steel toe. I replace the inserts, but other than that, I'm on my second air looking for a third.
>>
>>1138680

Get some Darn Tough boot socks.
>>
>>1138505

Tims are dog shit. Only negroes think Tims are good boots/
>>
>>1138658

I would admit they are comfortable but after two pairs I would never buy them again.

They don't hold up in humid, warm environments (though most boots dont) and both times the inner soles were getting burnt out.

Neither pair lasted 6 months on a primarily dry construction site.

Best work shoes I had ever bought were some no name steel toes from a temp agency.

They weren't as comfortable but we're 1/10th the price and lasted 4 years
>>
>>1138505
>>1139214

I actually agree that Timberland Pro boots are good. The pair I have is probably the best boot I've worn, mostly because I have very wide feet, and it's the only one that has fit me well.
>>
I managed to find a pair of Wolverine with Boa laces for like 60 bucks, originally 250. Steel toe, waterproof, good boots. Boa closure system may be polarizing to some though. But for 60 bucks I could not pass that up. Check Sears clearance section every once in a while sometimes there's some golden nuggets in there.
>>
Thanks all for the advices, Elten and Red Wing seem interesting brands

>>1138506
I can walk all day in the mountains without feeling anything, they are slippers. What do you suggest ?

>>1138508
When you don't know how to make your laces
>>
>>1138680
Damn they look really good, it's a shame I can't find them online, I'm in France
>>
>>1139226

>I can walk all day in the mountains without feeling anything, they are slippers. What do you suggest ?

I'd suggest getting the version with composite toes/midsole, which exists,

You know you like the fit and construction. Might not be as durable as some high end brands, but durability can require sacrifices.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.