[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know a reliable source from which I can purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: desktop-case.jpg (9KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
desktop-case.jpg
9KB, 270x187px
Does anyone know a reliable source from which I can purchase a Horizontal computer case? Pic related, an old-school "put the monitor on top of this thing" case, preferably in an ATX format with plenty of space? I'm limited on available space and want to build a new computer and I'm tired of upright cases.
>>
>>1138087
https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Rackmount-Computer-Pre-Installed-RSV-L4500/dp/B0091IZ1ZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488344364&sr=8-1&keywords=server+cases
>>
>>1138087
>>>/g/
>>
>>1138092
>u mad, bro?
(7.00" x 25.00" x 16.80" including panel) . lol- could get buried in that fucker, which you maybe need to, startup noise of 45 fans etc. right next to your ear. Them called rack servers for a reason, so put em in a rack, well the fuck out of earshot.

OP, if you just dong office stuff? jist get a modern SFF, can use in either orientation, samll, fits behind monitor or, desk, monitor on top. No good for gayming tho - or ebay an offical old-school beige box, upgrade power supply (AT->ATX) as needed.
>>
>>1138092
>Big server case
>Rosewill 4U
>4U

Those cheeky cunts.
>>
>>1138246
do you not understand the standard sizing language for server equipment?
>>
>>1138249
actually all rack mount equipment for that matter
>>
>>1138249
>>1138250
That's a negative. Why don't you inform me in the drollest manner possible.
>>
>>1138251
I lold
>>
>>1138087
Mini ITX build
If you want a discrete graphics card, it can sit on your desk behind the monitor
If you dont want a discrete graphics card, you can get a Vesa Mount case and mount it on your actual monitor.

A horizontal case case still takes up way too much room
>>
>>1138087
Why not buy a normal case and lay it on its sides? Protip. Use rivet nuts for installing the post needed for the motherboard and shit. And a dremel might help hacking off the useless shit in the case.
>>
>>1138271
Turning a harddrive sideways can have unfavorable side-effects. Same goes for DVD drives not designed for that position.
>>
>>1138087

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Cases-Low-Profile-Components/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A572238%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A6570761011
>>
>>1138285
That is significantly less than helpful. I'm trying to build a gaming rig. I have unlimited vertical space, but because I'm 6'8" and live in a small apartment, my horizontal space is limited. I need something I can set on TOP of the desk, or on a shelf above the desk, and not have to constantly knock my knees against.
>>
>>1138282
>Turning a harddrive sideways can have unfavorable side-effects

This is a myth
in SOME cases in OLD systems, going from one orientation to the other could cause read failures.
That hasnt been relevant in 25 years though
>>
>>1138282
Did you not read what I typed? Rivet nuts for post.. You just basically rebuild your case. Why for computer fags is this so hard to grasp.. You don't have to use the provided slots to make things work...
>>
>>1138292
>trying to build a gaming rig
>I have unlimited vertical space
>I need something I can set on TOP of the desk

(#1) Take Gayming Machine Big Tall Tower
(#2) Elevate to slightly above current desktop height
(#3) Extend Lateral Movement of Gayming Machine Big Tall Tower so that it is directly above desktop.
(#4) Gently lower Big Etc. Tower until contact is formed with desktop surface
(#5) Relax while flexing your knees in comfort, and idly ponder, which useless question thread to start next.
>>
>>1138087
Lol, nastalgia.

Bro, just get a solid state drive and u can flip any pc on their side. Only moving parts is fans. U may want to move the dvd drive or be careful with it, but it should be fine. Stick of fuzzy feet are 2 bucks at the store.

Or use your pic. Those are great.

Bonus points for turbo button.
>>
>>1138326
>Bonus
fuckin a.
dont make go faster shit like they used to, no, Sir.
>>
>>1138344
Turbo buttons are to slow your CPU down
>>
>>1138350
>B-but..
actually, respect - you been the first impulse to ever make me actually go look up what it does - thought it was either 'go faster stripe' cosmetics, or, mine (all of them) simply never worked. RTFM, indeed.
>>
>>1138350
WTF, I hate retro gaming now.
>>
>>1138370
Yeah, they just throttled your system so physical-you would have more time to react while your game ran slower.
>>
>>1138426
CPU Cycles were just artificial difficulty
>>
File: silverstone ML03.jpg (37KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
silverstone ML03.jpg
37KB, 560x560px
>>1138087
Silverstone have plenty horizontal ones, just ;ook for closest distributor
>>
>>1138601
https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-GD08B-Aluminum-Extended-compatible/dp/B007X8TQYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488441682&sr=8-1&keywords=silverstone+gd08
>>
I upholster on the side for extra cash..

I've always wanted to do a leather or vinyl covered pc case. But I'm too poor for a gaymen PC, and always use stock crappytastic PCs for basic shit. Like running PS or illustrator or sketchup pro for patterns.

So if anyone wants to colab lemme know I guess.
>>
>>1138601
Holy shit. How did I not know about this until now?
>>
>>1138344
LOL. I really miss my old one. I swear if i find another im wiring the turbo button to boost overclock slightly and crank all fans up to waro drive for no fucking reason. Kek
>>
>>1138614
Me too. Please make thread if u do it. Keep in mind tho it will not be easy.

I covered a pc mic, speakers, mouse pad, monitor, and keyboard in thin fabric one time. End result was legit but 2 weeks of 5 hours a day cussing. Was too thin to use much glue or it soak through and need redone. Had to drill out all the fivets and rerivit shit.

That was 10 years ago and to date its top 5 hardest proects i ever did...
>>
File: sensible_chuckle.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sensible_chuckle.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>1138108
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.