[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lacquer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: ching chong chop chop.jpg (3KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
ching chong chop chop.jpg
3KB, 275x183px
could you lacquer a disposable set of chopsticks and make them reusable?
>>
>>1137782
no because wood grade too soft
>>
They need to rename this board to /jew/.
>>
>>1137782
Of course
>>
>>1137782
Just buy some stainless steel ones for $2 at a World Market.
>>
File: cat reaction face.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cat reaction face.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>1137782

>ITT: incredibly white people

Don't make chopsticks smooth, you baka fucking gaijin. It makes it harder to grip food.

And I can't tell if this is a troll thread, even. Turn disposable chopsticks into re-usable ones? All you have to do is not throw them away, jackass.
>>
>>1137878
>And I can't tell if this is a troll thread, even. Turn disposable chopsticks into re-usable ones? All you have to do is not throw them away, jackass.
Are you retarded?

Mold will grow in literally no time.
>>
>>1137885
Wash + dry = reusable
>>
>>1137885
> plates keep growing mold after I pile them in the corner at the end of the meal. I can't make them into reusable plates.
>>
>>1138044
And you'll be cleaning the gunk that has absorbed into the timber off how?

>>1138056
> He thinks he is le ebin trole
>>
>>1137885
>Mold will grow in literally no time.

Not if the wood is sealed. About the minor issue of making them too slippery, the laquered chopsticks i have seen sometimes have a series of shallow grooves in the tips to give you a bit of extra grip. However, I have used lacquered wood ones without that, as well as smooth plastic ones, no trouble at all. If you have difficulty holding on to your noodles with smooth chopsticks you suck at eating.
>>
>>1137782
I got a cheap pair bamboo of chopsticks from a restaurant and I really liked the feel of them. So, I kept using them. I often cooked the food with them. Boiling water kills just about anything and they never got stained or anything like that. A little bit of a rinse in soapy water after the meal and set them out to dry. Done.
>>
>>1138074
le reddit army is here
>>
>>1138076
Good thing the 4chan protection unit arrived to call out the filthy redditor
>>
>>1138082 made me laugh more than >>1138076
thumbs up crying laugh face one hunned one hunned
>>
>>1137793
2ndpbp
>>
Why would anyone want to reuse disposable chopsticks? They are the worst kind. It's like asking how to reuse the thinnest see-thru disposable napkin you've come across.

>>1137878
>ITT: incredibly white people
I'm inclined to agree. Nobody who regularly uses chopsticks would prefer disposables over the cheapest set. You're better off going to the dollar store or your local chinatown and picking up a set of 10 for $1.
>>
>>1137885
Bamboo is naturally antimicrobial/fungicidal...
>>
>>1138106
Why does the World HAVVVVVVVE to live like you do? Let the little man do his own thing.
>>
>>1138299

I have been using the same set of disposable chopsticks for seven years without any issues. No smell, no funk. Nice and big and straight from some shitty chinese place in Anchorage, AK. But damn the chopsticks were good.

When eating don't just leave them to sit with liquid on them or they will absorb it. If something weird is going on wash in mild soap and microwave to kill the microbes.
>>
>>1137782
Instead of buying a 10 pair ack of reusable ones for a few bucks at an Asian market?
>>
>>1138304
What part of Bamboo is naturally antimicrobial/fungicidal didn't you understand? No funk because it kills the funk just sitting there...
>>
>>1138343
Every lose piece of bamboo I've had (I use it for weaving panels for woodworking stuff) outside it gets black moldy spots on the inside part within 2 days.. Idk what part is antifungal.. But its not the inside. Maybe the outside hard shell...

But I use polyester resin to coat my panels. They don't mold unless the resin gets chipped.
>>
>>1138343

Microbes just grow, as long as they are eating stuff on the chopsticks and not the chopsticks themselves they are not effected. The bamboo itself cannot rot but the various liquids permeating it can. The bamboo does not excrete anything that would kill microbes, it just cannot be eaten.

That said you could do a solution of silver or copper to soak the sticks in that would make them forever antimicrobial
>>
>>1138058
>And you'll be cleaning the gunk that has absorbed into the timber off how?

Exactly how long are you leaving the chopsticks sitting in shit? Bonus, you know that the majority of wooding cooking utensils are made of unsealed bamboo. Shit's naturally antibacterial to boot, which is why it's great for utensils.

Then again, the fact that you thought that kiln-dried bamboo sticks will wick up anything tells me that you have no goddamned idea what bamboo really is or how it behaves.
>>
>>1137782
Use epoxy or vacuum stabilize them with resin.

>>1137878
People use highly polished chopsticks all the time. Even metal, ceramic, glass, etc.

Get good.
>>
>>1137782
take them in the shower with you after each use and pee on them to sterilise
>>
If you're not allergic walnut oil makes a great wood sealer and is entirely edible.
How is everyone so afraid of wooden chopsticks? Have you never used a wooden spoon or cutting board?
>>
>>1139845
>Wood cutting board

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>1138301
his funeral...
>>
Hmmmm...
http://web.utk.edu/~mtaylo29/pages/wood%20cutting%20boards.html

https://news.ncsu.edu/2014/09/cutting-boards-food-safety/

http://faculty.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/faculty/docliver/Research/cuttingboard.htm

It's actually the plastic one you have to worry about...
>>
>>1139429
>People use highly polished chopsticks all the time. Even metal, ceramic, glass, etc.

People also use wrenches as hammers. Just because someone does, doesn't make it objectively inferior at the intended task.
>>
>>1139850
If that bothers you, do not look up FDA limits on dead bugs and rodent droppings in food products.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/15/mouse-poop-fda-food_n_7572232.html
>>
>>1139850
Wood is much more hygienic than plastic is
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.