[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stinky Natural Gas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: natural-gas_large.jpg (20KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
natural-gas_large.jpg
20KB, 580x435px
Starting today, all the gas appliances in my house and my neighbor's house are stinking up everything. Even the pilot lights make you want to open up a window. There's no leaks, it is the odor of the fumes from the flames themselves. It is terrible.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to filter it or something?
>>
>>1137489

Contact your gas company. If its not a issue specific to you then its the gas company's problem to fix.
>>
>>1137489
isn't natural gas...Naturally stinky?
>>
>>1137524

They add the odor to it.
>>
Yeah anon, call the gas co before you are kill.
>>
>>1137489
So, how does it smell? Natural gas is almost odorless, they add t-butyl mercaptane as odorant for the distinct rotten eggs smell so you get a chance to notice a leak before you blow up your house. It burns up when the gas is combusted though.

Anyways, as long as you don't have any leaks its not your problem to fix, so call your gas company as others pointed out. If its a leak it isn't really your job to fix either.
>>
File: IMG_1832.jpg (83KB, 850x565px)
IMG_1832.jpg
83KB, 850x565px
>>1137489
He already dead. Gas leaks are serious business and should not be taken lightly. People die in their sleep that way. But don't let that distract you from the fact that in 1998 The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table.
>>
>>1137553
Dont forget they threw kanyon off the triple cage the night david arquette dropped the wcw world heavyweight title
>>
>>1137553
Just fyi, signatures are against the rules and for reason.
>>
>>1137549
this desu.

gas plumbing is not /diy/. its not like water where if you dont seal something right the floor gets a bit wet. your house just explodes.
>>
OP here.

>>1137520
>>1137537
I may need to, it hasn't cleared up overnight.

There's a "dryer" on the line that sumps and catches water vapor in order to prevent the meter from freezing off in the winter. It may need to be vented, though I'm not sure how that'd affect burnt gas fume odor. It services the 2 houses that are affected.

>>1137549
>>1137553
>>1137635
It doesn't smell like sulfur/raw gas. Leaks are my problem. It isn't a leak since it is happening in two locations separated by 300 feet and wide open outdoor spaces. The gas company doesn't do anything past their meter. Everything past that is DIY here. You tape, fit, soap, etc. Pretty standard. If you don't get it right, you smell it right away and it is horrible, but nothing like this odor.
>>
>>1137489
So wich one of yall painted in your house?

Stinks to high hell for about a week.

Have fun.
>>
>>1137638
Are you in the third world? Maybe they're selling you some crappy high-sulphur gas
>>
>>1137635
>gas plumbing is not /diy/.
Sure it is. Pipe it in, use the right dope/tape and soap test it for leaks.
>>
OP here.

Good news!

Whatever the odor was from has now passed through the lines and is mostly gone. I was out so I cranked all gas appliances and let them burn while the house was entirely open for more than an hour. The neighbor's house used more gas than mine did overnight and cleared its odor first.

Evidently, something happened along the gas company lines to cause this. Either too much odorant or some sour gas got through.

>>1137676
It isn't the best that is for sure. The rest of the US in this area gets its gas from this area.
>>
>>1137735
watch out for that sour gas op, shit stanks
>>
>>1137735
> I was out so I cranked all gas appliances and let them burn while the house was entirely open for more than an hour.

wtf. is common sense not taught in burger schools
>>
>>1138192
>no leaks
>gas flames stink
>vent pipes
>problem solved

Pretty standard debugging protocols.
>>
>>1138215
Yeah but maybe do it when you're around turn the gas off and man the fire extinguisher.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.