[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have LEDs with an viewing angle of 120°. For my application

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Parabolrinne_2.jpg (175KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Parabolrinne_2.jpg
175KB, 800x600px
I have LEDs with an viewing angle of 120°. For my application i d like to reduce that to 60-80°. There is a solution but it involves buying clips and reflectors for each led. This would further blow up the costs by 100 bucks.
As the application will have the LEDs aligned in a strip i was thinking of using a parabolic trough like in pic related (only narrower).
With a circular parabolic mirror i can understand the reflection pattern but the trough gives me a hard time anticipating it because of the added Z-axis.
>>
>>1137027

Parabolic trough will focus the led strip spread across the width of the trough. How much depends on the geometry of the trough and mounting of the LED strip. The beam will not be focused along the axis of the trough, so the beam will spread at 120 degrees in this plane.
>>
>>1137129
What about the rays between the axis of the trough and the cut section? I have no clue how to calculate this..
>>
Make the LED strip pass through a lengthwise slit a short distance away.
>>
File: 1374030538947.jpg (537KB, 2048x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1374030538947.jpg
537KB, 2048x1224px
Oh I see, gonna start growing some lord of the rings pipe stuffing?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.