[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replacing old outdoor light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 20170227_193909.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170227_193909.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I recently bought a house and the backyard light isnt working, a quick look at it showed the globe in it had blown so i have a replacement but my issue is getting into it to replace it.
As you can see in the picture the only way in is through the front (backing is solid plastic) but the glass faceplate is stuck down with some sort of adhesive that isn't budging easily.
Any ideas of how to get in easily?
Ideally without taking the whole light down?
(It's wired into mains power through the roof)
>>
>>1137014
wtf.. usually, the (entire) front is hinge mounted, one-screw and opens from the front - you sure, you haven't manged to detach the outer rim of the fromt somehow? prob. I dont see how, even if you open it from the back, thats gonna help - if nothing else works,. prise away the glass, reseal afterwards - but, esp if its in an awkward position to change, throw it, get an LED, srsly.
>>
>>1137016
What this guy said. It's a cheap outdoor flood - disconnect it, throw it away and replace with an LED version. Cost about $30
>>
>>1137014
Looks like the previous owner did a DIY fix by gluing the glass to the housing with some RTV. If that is still soft, you can cut it with a razor blade around the sides. But then you'll have to clean the old glue off and re-glue the glass.

Junction box looks easy to open. Probably just the feed connected to the fixture with a couple of wire nuts or junction blocks. The fixture coupling to that box lid is a standard NPT thread, so a new LED or halogen head can be mounted easily.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.