[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tool Designs/What You'd Like to See

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 71PRX3CLfvL._SY450_.jpg (37KB, 348x450px) Image search: [Google]
71PRX3CLfvL._SY450_.jpg
37KB, 348x450px
what would you guys like to see come about in the tool market? concepts, designs, etc. what designs or ideas for tools do you have of your own? have you made any? did they work?

I've been trying to figure out a way to make a hammer handle which can swap out heads, so claw hammer, ball peen, blacksmith hammer, crowbar head, etc.
I was considering a system where there's a full tang going through the handle of the hammer with a pommel at the bottom and some way to adapt air hose quick connect to hammer heads/other tool heads.
>>
>>1136764
An adapter to plug a cord into cordless tools.
And every home owner needs a consumer grade coil screw gun.
>>
>>1136764
Machete with a 3 foot handle for clearing black berry brambles incorporate a hook into the blade for pulling vines
>>
>>1136837
>>
An attachment you can add to a drill that let's you start an engine without pull starting it by hand. Like when you're working on the air/fuel ratio of a small engine like a chainsaw or something. Having to pull the cord over and over gets old quick. I'd like to see something where you can take off the pull start piece (easy to do) and hook up an attachment to the flywheel or whatever that then attaches to a corded drill. That way you can use the drill to try and start the motor and tweak the air/fuel ratio or use starter fluid or choke it or whatever until it just starts. And whatever it is would have to be compatable with a lot of engines, or a lot of the same thing. Like this works great with all chainsaws. Or this works great with all go-cart type motors. idk if that makes sense but being able to use a drill to turn a motor while working on it sure would take a lot of exhaustive work out of the job.
>>
>>1136878
To clarify most chainsaws turn counterclockwise. You can put a socket on the screw and turn the motor that way, but eventually the screw just comes off.
>>
>>1136878
then when the engine starts and the rpms go higher than your drill....
>>
>>1136887
You pull the mechanism off. It's not gonna hurt your drill to spin faster for a second. Or it works like a regular pull start mechanism where when the motor starts your pull start doesn't get damaged.
>>
File: th_PoolBallMouth.jpg (6KB, 129x160px) Image search: [Google]
th_PoolBallMouth.jpg
6KB, 129x160px
>>1136878
Couldn't you just hook a shop vac to the exhaust and suck start it?
>>
>>1136905
lol no. For a 2 stroke the suction might pull the piston up a hair but you need it to get all the way up and compress. As soon as the piston goes above the hole in the cylinder wall you'd just be sucking on a closed hole. There would be no way for the piston to keep rising. That's why you have to turn it from the crankshaft.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.